Dryad (Pathfinder Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dryads are tree-fey who prefer secluded woodlands far from humanoids in need of lumber. Dryads’ main interests are their own survival and that of their beloved forests.
This strange, beautiful woman has flesh that seems made of wood and vibrant hair that resembles leaves and blossoms.
Dryads are more likely to be friendly to non-evil druids and rangers, as they recognize a mutual respect for or empathy with nature.
Alignment and Religion
Dryads tend to be Chaotic-Good, and usually worship gods of the forest.
Their tree dependence make adventuring impossible for most Dryads, but some will bond to livewood or greenwood that can be carried from place to place without dying and in this way they are able to travel the world. They are most often Druids, and sometimes Rangers.
Dryad Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, −2 Strength
- Fey (Dryad)
- Normal base land speed: 30 ft
- Automatic Languages: Plantspeech, Sylvan. Dryads may learn Common, Elven, Gnomish, or Treant with their Intelligence modifier.
- Natural Armor +2
- DR 5/cold iron
- Woodcraft (Ex): +6 bonus to Craft rolls involving wood.
- Spell-Like Ability: Constant—Speak With Plants
- Spell-Like Ability: At Will—Tree Shape
- Spell-Like Ability: At Will—Tree Meld (As Meld Into Stone but into a tree, with indefinite duration)
Tree Dependence: A dryad is mystically bonded to a single tree and must never stray more than 300 yards from it. Most dryad trees are oak trees, but other trees function as well (often having subtle influences on a specific dryad’s personality and appearance). A dryad who moves 300 yards beyond her bonded tree immediately becomes sickened. Every hour thereafter, she must make a DC 15 Fortitude save to resist becoming nauseated for an hour. A dryad that is out of range of her bonded tree for 24 hours takes 1d6 points of Constitution damage, and another 1d6 points of Constitution damage every day that follows—eventually, this separation kills the dryad. A dryad can forge a new bond with a new tree by performing a 24-hour ritual, which is completed with a successful DC 20 Will save (If the save fails, the Dryad may try again at no penalty, but continues to take Consititution damage as normal).
Alternate Racial Traits
- Wild Empathy as a Druid of her character level (does not stack with Druid levels), with a +6 bonus. (Replaces Woodcraft)
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day—Tree Stride (Replaces Tree Shape)
- Spell-Like Ability: At Will—Wood Shape (Replaces Tree Shape)
- Spell-Like Ability: 3/day—Charm Person (Replaces Natural Armor)
- Spell-Like Ability: At Will—Entangle (Replaces Woodcraft)
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day—Suggestion (Replaces Woodcraft)
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|600 years||1000 years||2000 years||+100d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male1||5' 10"||+2d10||145 lb.||× 5 lb.|
|Female||5' 8"||+2d10||135 lb.||× 5 lb.|