Drakons, Lynirian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Lynir is a fetid land of poisonous swamps & marshes and dense, humid jungles. Very few creatures can survive in the harsh, noxious land, but those that can are a force to be reckoned with. Lynirian drakons are one of the many different drakon breeds. These unsightly beasts are slightly more evolved than common drakons, being capable of somewhat complex thought and possessing forelimbs. Due to living in the foul conditions of Lynir, they have traded their heat resistance for protection from the nauseating environment and, over time, they have developed poisons of their own that slowly decompose their prey so they can roast them easily with their breath of flames. Lynirian drakons are significantly smarter than than their common cousins, being capable of taking classes and speaking in common, and more closely nit together. While common drakons tend to roam alone, Lynirians congregate in large communities.
Even though they are more intelligent, it does not make them any less aggressive and territorial. However, as they are more intelligent, they are very prideful. They often demand services from other, lesser, reptilian creatures like kobalds and Yuan-Ti.
Lynirian drakons maintain a more draconic or lizard-like body, with tow hind-limbs, two forelimbs and a large tail for thrashing.
Lynirian drakons mostly reside in humid jungles and mucky swamps.
Drakons speak common and draconic.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, −2 Wisdom, −4 Charisma: Drakons are dim creatures with no real intellectual capabilities. What they lack in mental complicity, they make up for in physical strength.
- Large: As a Large creature, a drakon gains a –1 size bonus to Armor Class, a –1 size bonus on attack rolls, a -4 size bonus on Hide checks, and +4 bonus on grapple checks, but he uses larger weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are double of those of a Medium character. * Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size. Increases to Large at 6 HD and Huge at 12 HD.
- Drakon base land speed is 60 feet and swim speed is 120 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects and paralysis effects.
- Vunrability to lightning.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A lynirian drakon can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions
- +5 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: bite (1d8 plus poison), 2 claws (1d6), and tail slap (1d6).
- Breath Weapon (Su): A lynirian drakon can breath a 50 ft. line of fire once every 1d4 rounds that deals 4d10 (6d10 with a range of 60 ft. at 6 HD, 8d10 with a range of 70 ft. at 12 HD.) points of fire damage.
- Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude, initial damage 1d10 and secondary damage 1d6 Con. The DC is equal to 10 + 1/2 the lynirian drakon's hit dice + its Con modifier.
- Resistances (Ex): Drakons have poison resistance 10.
- Feats: Drakons gain Snatch and Improved Snatch as bonus feats, assuming they meet the prerequisites as well as 3 extra feats at 1st level.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: none.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|10000 years||20000 years||40000 years||+10d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8' 7"||+2d10||525 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|
|Female||7' 9"||+2d10||500 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|