Drakin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
They are a warrior race while paradoxically striving towards the ideal of a world w/o hostility. They are open a friendly to everyone by default, but swift in punishment of those whose mean harm. The also make great diplomats because of their telepathy enabled empathy, they can "see" everyone else's sides of the argument and play the metaphorical devil's advocate simultaneously. On the field war those that survived are offered chances at redemption, but otherwise, they are ruthlessly efficient hunters.
Drakin have a cast system that allows for a wide variety of body types and abilities, most other features varies wildly from individual to individual. Most are bipedal dragonoids w/ a mass of pollen stalks on top their heads that resemble human hair, though a drakin might style it to look more like actual horns or spines of some sort. In place of eyes, they have a chameleonic patch of their epidermal layer that they can use to display relatively simple images.
Drakin, by nature, try to have as good of a relation as possible w/ as many as possible, thought they are completely aware that they can't please everyone. Upon first contact they will show the utmost hospitality and (w/in reason)
Unless a drakin defects, the alignment will always be one good or on the extremely rare occasion neutral; whether the individual is lawful, chaotic or neither differs. Defectors are always some form of Evil.
The Drakin Empire is always expanding, meaning that their lands are many and varied, w/ other settlements interspersed.
While they will acknowledge the existence of deities they tend to not practice religion in general as their own creation myth(s) don't involve personified higher powers.
Drakin don't have language, nor can they understand any, spoken or written. Their primary form of communication is the telepathic transmission of pure thought, the concepts around which other beings would create words and other mental constructs.
W/o language drakin don't have names the way other races do. When these other races attempt to lingually comprehend a drakin identifying another drakin, what comes out is always a six or seven character (including apostrophes if any) individual name followed by a three or four letter (no apostrophes) family name; some impossible to actually pronounce conveniently. Sometimes a third name w/ no apparent convention will be mentioned, this is describing the location of current residence.
Universal Racial Traits
- +2 to any one ability and any one skill each chosen at character creation: Drakin have a biological caste system built into their XNA, this means different individuals will have different qualities from birth.
Plant (Reptile, Psionic, Extraplanar)
- Medium: Most Drakin have no bonuses or penalties due to their size
- Drakin's base land speed is 30
- Telekinetic Sense (Ps): Drakin do not have normal sight or hearing, instead they use a specialized form of telekinesis, giving them blindsight out to the same ranges and w/ the same bonuses and penalties for distance as sight and hearing.
- Naturally Psionic: Drakin may either take Wild talent as a bonus feat or have a pool of 2 power points that stack w/ power points from any other source.
- Barkscale: Drakin have natural armor of +1.
- Racial Weapon Proficiency: Drakin are proficient w/ weapons of their people the most common are Buster Swords, Ring Blades, and special Drakin-made weapons: the Rouge's Saber (a long sword w/ a metal ring in place of a handle and pommel), and a high-powered anti-flight crossbow known as a Dragon Bow.
- Wings: Darkin have wings, but this trait provides no benefit on its own.
- Breath Weapon: Drakin can fire a breath weapon as a full-round action. This does 1 damage of a type determined at character creation to all creatures in a 15ft cone. Drakin may have no breath weapon and instead take an extra feat at first level.
- Drakin can't learn spoken or written languages, but can understand them while in the presence of minds that can.
- Favored Class: Racial HD.
- Level Adjustment: +0, but Drakin must take a d12 racial hit die instead of a class level at first level and all class levels count as additional racial hit dice instead. (Yes, this means you can play them at first level, but they won't have a class....yet.)
|6,333 1/3 years
|7,916 2/3 years
|15,833 1/3 years
|varies by caste
|Varies by caste