Dragonborn, 3.5e Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Dragonborn, 3.5e Variant
A 3.5 edition variant of the 4e race.
These warriors are a proud creation of the Dragons. They are not Half-Dragons, they are Dragonborn. Despite their unnerving appearance, they are generally polite and easy to get along with, as they inherit a bit of their creators' Charisma.
Dragonborn are immensely proud of who they are and what they can do. They have no typical favored weapon, though they are proud of their breath weapons that they can unleash.
Dragonborn are typically polite and headstrong, much like their creators. They are not manipulative, however, and they generally can get along well with any character. However, they tend to be awed by their creators, which may have awkward circumstances when a dragon attacks. Dragonborn may fight dragons without penalty however, they simply are awed by them more easily.
There are ten subtypes of Dragonborn, equating to each true dragon: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Brass, Red, Blue, Black, White, and Green.
An average Dragonborn stands 5 feet and 8 inches and weighs about 220 pounds. They have a thin layer of dragon-like scales colored according to their subtype only slightly tougher than an average human's skin.
A Dragonborn has dragon-like facial features with an elongated jaw and nose. They have no ears, however they have a small hole on each side of their head where their ears would be that the hear through. A Dragonborn's jaw appears dragonlike, but has the strength of a human's, and thus they do not inherit their creator's vicious bite.
Dragonborn have human-like hands and fingernails and do not have tails or wings. Therefore, they do not have the tail or claw attacks of a dragon, and cannot fly.
Dragonborn typically live in secluded tribes on islands, however they are generally welcoming and friendly to others. They have no feuds with other races. However, any character who dedicates their life to slaying dragons might not expect a Dragonborn's friendship.
Dragonborn are normally an alignment associated with the dragon of their metal/color. Nonetheless, there is no set alignment for a Dragonborn.
Dragonborn typically live in cities in secluded areas that match the habitat of their color or metal. Gold Dragonborn typically inhabit warm plains, Silver Dragonborn are comfortable in colder mountains, Bronze Dragonborn enjoy temperate hills, Copper Dragonborn bask in the shade in their warm hills, while Brass Dragonborn make their home in warm deserts. Red Dragonborn display their wealth and homes in the heat of the mountains, Blue Dragonborn dwell in dark deserts, Black Dragonborn lurk in swamps, White Dragonborn scour the edges of cold, icy, oceanic environments, and Green Dragonborn stalk forests.
Dragonborn typically worship the Dragon Gods, Io, Bahamut, or Tiamat. Others may pay reverence to the lesser dragon gods such as Tamara. It is unusual for a dragonborn to pay reverence to non-draconic deity, but a select few dragonborn worship Boccob, god of magic, seeing all magical creatures, including dragons, as descendants of Boccob.
Dragonborn speak Common and Draconic, languages of the Dragons.
- +2 Strength, +2 Charisma,-2 Dexterity. Dragonborn inherit their creators' physical strength and sociability, as well as their lack of coordination.
- Humanoid (Dragonblooded): Dragonborn resemble humanoid Dragons. A Dragonborn may select any feat with the prerequisite "half-dragon" or "draconian" as long as she meets the other prerequisites.
- Natural armor +2
- Bonus feat
- Medium size
- Dragonborn base land speed is 30 feet.
- +2 Racial Bonus on Intimidate checks. Dragonborn do not inherit their creators' frightful presence, but can still be frightening if they so choose.
- Breath Weapon (Su): A Dragonborn can let loose a lesser version of a Dragon's breath weapon once per day. (See below)
- Resistance to Energy (Ex): A Dragonborn has a slight amount of resistance to the same element of energy that is used by their breath weapon. This grants them resistance 5 to their respective element. (See below)
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Auran, Aquan, Giant, Goblin, Ignan, Sylvan, Terran.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +0
A Dragonborn can let loose a lesser version of a Dragon's breath weapon once per day. The size and element depends on the subtype of Dragonborn:
- Gold: 15ft Cone of Fire
- Silver: 15ft Cone of Cold
- Bronze: 30ft Line of Lightning
- Copper: 30ft Line of Acid
- Brass: 30ft Line of Fire
- Red: 15ft Cone of Fire
- Blue: 30ft Line of Lightning
- Black: 30ft Line of Acid
- White: 15ft Cone of Cold
- Green: 15ft Cone of Acid
Unleashing this breath weapon is a standard action. They deal 2d8 of the listed energy type damage. At the 5th level it deals 3d8 (10th deals 4d8 e.t.c)
A successful Reflex Save (10+ 1/2 Dragonborn's Hit Dice + Dragonborn's Constitution Modifier) halves the damage.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|120 years||170 years||220 years||+20d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+3d4||150 lb.||× (4d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 9"||+3d4||140 lb.||× (4d4) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]