Draconoids, Ahi (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Draconoids are relatively short-lived dragons who are not innately magical like their longer-lived cousins are. Also known as fire draconoids, ahi draconoids average 16-18 feet tall at the shoulder (when on all fours, 20-24 feet tall when standing on their hind legs) and 2-4 tons heavy. Their scales range from yellow to red to brown to black, and their eyes can be nearly any color. They wear brightly-colored clothing and have an omnivorous diet, and are known for their sturdy, long-lasting heavy armor and weaponsmithing.
Io, Tiamat, and Bahamut are the chiefly worshipped dragon deities, with Io being the father of the other two. Tiamat is a Lawful Evil five-headed goddess, and Bahamut is a Lawful Good god. Io is Neutral.
For more draconic deities, see Io's deific relationships.
Ahi draconoids have a given forename and a family surname.
Example Surnames: Makani, Kawaiola, Ka'uhane, 'Aka'aka, 'Alohi, Ho'opi'i, Hi'ilani, 'Ewalani, Namphea, Nai'a
Example Male Names: Kapono, Iokua, Ikaia, Koa, Alapa'in, Ehukai, Wai, Noa, Hû'eu
Example Female Names: Kaloe, Kaeli, Hiwahiwa, Auli'i, Emele, Aelan, Latai, Meleana, Alaula
- +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -4 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity
- Monstrous Humanoid (Draconoid).
- Large Size: As Large size creatures, ahi draconoids get a –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, and their lifting and carrying limits are double those of Medium characters.
- Ahi draconoid base land speed is 30 feet when standing on hind legs and 50 feet when on all fours.
- An ahi draconoid has a fly speed of 60 feet with poor maneuverability.
- +2 natural armor bonus.
- Breath Weapon (Su): An ahi draconoid can use a 50-foot cone of fire attack two times a day, with a 1d4-round cooldown.
- Natural Weapons: Ahi draconoids have a natural bite (1d10) and claw attack (1d8).
- Low-Light Vision: An ahi draconoid can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Goblin, Orc, Sylvan, Dwarven, Ignan, Giant, Gnoll.
- Favored Class: Brawler. A multiclass ahi draconoid's brawler class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||80 years||120 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Shoulder Height (all fours)||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||16'||+2d12||3,000 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|
|Female||15' 6"||+2d12||2,800 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|