Diamond Dog (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Diamond Dogs normally are on the search for gemstones to collect in their cavernous homes.
A diamond dog stands at a bit shorter height than a human would, they would be a bit lighter than a human in weight. The overall build might be brutish/canine look, but they are thin too. They typically have fur in greys or earth tones, their eyes are also in earth tones. Their claws appear sharp enough to dig through solid dirt.
If some other race can provide them with gemstones willingly, they will most likely be friendly. Though mainly they are singleminded in tracking down gemstones. As such they don't exactly get along with other races too often.
Gem rich caverns.
Any involving gemstones or strength.
At best they can speak common. They also know other rough sounding or brutish languages if they are even smart enough for that.
Fido, Ruff, Butch, basically names dogs would get.
- +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: They are strong and durable, but just a bit brighter than a sack of rocks.
- Monstrous Humanoid: They're a bulky/beastial sort of creature, but capable of wielding weapons, armor, and shields of the non-humanoid type.
- Medium: No bonuses or Pentalties due to size
- Diamond Dog base land speed is 30 feet: Burrow 60'
- Claws: 1d4 piercing damage, critical range: 20, critical damage: x2.
- Low Light Vision: Tripple standard human vision.
- Darkvision: 30' in total darkness, able to discern color perfectly.
- Monstrous Humanoid levels: Diamond Dogs begin play with 2 HD in Monstrous Humanoid. Class skills are Climb, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Spot, Tumble
- Automatic Languages: Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Terran.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||55 years||70 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+2d10||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 1"||+1d20||75 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|