Detective (3.5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
|Detective||Fill in prerequisites for this feat||You're good at finding things out just by conversing with townsfolk.||-|
You're good at finding things out just by conversing with townsfolk.
Benefits: This is a skill feat that scales with your ranks in Gather Information.
- 0 ranks: You gain a +3 bonus on your Gather Information checks.
- 4 ranks: Your ability to pick up on the social context aids you in establishing rapport. After succeeding on a Gather Information check, you gain a +2 bonus to Knowledge checks, Sense Motive checks, and checks for Cha-based skills in the same milieu.
- 9 ranks: With 2d6 hours of research, you can study a specific topic, such as a particular location or a well-known local monster, and substitute a Gather Information check for any Knowledge checks pertaining to the topic. You need access to local informants, a library, scholars, or other appropriate sources to use this ability.
- 14 ranks: You can gain the benefits of Legend Lore with a DC 30 Gather Information check. If you have the person or thing at hand, or are in the place, this takes a day; otherwise, it consumes the time as normal for Legend Lore. You need access to individuals or resources with relevant knowledge to use this ability.
- 19 ranks: With a DC 40 Gather Information check and 1d4+1 days of talking to people, you can either find an answer to any question you can pose in ten words or less, or find out where you need to go to get the answer. You need access to individuals or resources with relevant knowledge to use this ability.