Demonic Knight (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
|“||The generals of hell's army have a new member. We ride forth.||”|
|—Drayden Llewellyn, Demonic Knight|
Demonic knights are foul warriors who draw their power from the inner depths of the abyss, and are able to channel the primordial chaos to unleash destruction upon their enemies. Some of these knights are humanoids who seek to spread destruction upon the material plane, acting as emissaries of powerful Demon Princes, acting on their behalf and facilitating demonic raids. Others are creatures who developed a deep hatred for Devils and have been recruited to serve as demonic elite soldiers in the Blood War, fighting the endless conflict in Avernus.
- Demonic Save DC
When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you gain some demonic features. Some of these features require a saving throw to resist its effects.
The save DC equals 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Constitution modifier.
- Chaotic Energy
At 3rd level, you can control the powers of Chaos, unleashing them upon your enemies. When you finish a long rest, roll a the chaos die, which is a d4. You can use this feature a number of times equal to the number rolled on the die. The amount of uses increases to a d6 at 5th level, a d8 at 9th level, a d10 at 13th level and a d12 at 17th level.
- Chaotic Strike. When you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can spend a number of uses of this feature up to your proficiency bonus. You cause additional damage equal to 1d6 per point spent.
- Roll your Chaos Die to determine the damage type: 1 - poison, 2 - fire, 3 - cold, 4 - lightning, 5 - acid , 6 - thunder, 7 - psychic, 8 - necrotic, 9 - radiant , 10 - force, 11 - roll an additional damage die and roll again to determine the type, 12 - critical hit and roll again to determine the type.
- Chaos Bolt. You can release a powerful stroke of chaotic energy. You can spend 1 use of this feature to cast chaos bolt. When you use your Action Surge, you can cast this spell as a bonus action.
- Poison Blast
Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to send out a beam of poison up to a range of 30 feet. All creatures in a 10-foot radius of the point of impact must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw against your Demonic save DC, or take 2d6 poison damage and are poisoned until the end of your next turn. On a success, they take half damage and are not poisoned.
Once you use this ability, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest. You also regain a use of this feature after using your Second Wind feature.
- Demonic Sight
Starting at 7th level, you can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet.
In addition, you have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks based on sight when you are in dim light or darkness.
- Fiery Aura
Starting at 10th level, as a bonus action, you can evoke your demonic form. You are wreathed in flames. At the start of each of your turns while the aura is active, you deal 1d6 fire damage to any creature grappling you or any creature grappled by you.
Once per turn, you cause additional 1d6 fire damage when you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack when the aura is active.
In addition the aura shed a bright light in a 5-foot radius, and dim light for another 5 feet.
- Summon Demon
Starting at 15th level, you can cast the summon lesser demon spell once, without spending a spell slot. When you do so, you can't do it again until you finish a long rest.
When you cast this spell using this feature, you can choose to cause it to last 1 minute. If you do so, it doesn't require concentration. Also, the demons summoned are completely under your command, as if they were charmed by you, and are friendly to your allies.
- Demonic Form
At level 18th, as a bonus action you can transform into your Demonic Form. When you do so, you gain the following benefits:
- You have advantage on Strength and Constitution checks and saving throws.
- You grow a maw, claws and a tail, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. You cause 1d8 damage (piercing for maw, slashing for claw and bludgeoning for tail), and you can use them to make attacks using your bonus action. They are considered simple weapons with the finesse property (claws) and reach property (tail).
- You gain a flying speed equal to your movement speed if you are wearing armor; or twice your movement speed while unarmored.
- Your type changes to Fiend for the duration.
This form lasts for 1 hour, but ends earlier if you are knocked unconscious, or if you choose to end it as a bonus action on your turn.
Once you assume your Demonic Form, you can't do it again until you finish a long rest.