Cyclops (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Cyclops are a fierce, unrelenting people. They are skilled combatants and vicious warriors, using every weapon in their arsenals against foes. They are often seen as cruel or evil, although actually thay are just chaotic and ruthless, which, according to some, is hardly better.
Cyclops stand around 8 ft. in height, and weigh over 300 lbs. They have a single eye in the middle of their face, above their nose. Although this eye is over three times as large as a human's eye, they still have inferior vision to a human. Most cyclops have brown skin and black hair, although many dye their hair colors such as red, blue, purple, or green.
Cyclops dwell in Southern Albion and Utgard.
Cyclops worship Poriden, a god of smithing and warfare.
Cyclops have their own language, Cyclopian.
- +4 strength, +4 constitution, -2 charisma. Cyclops are strong and tough, but terrifying of visage.
- Humanoid (Giantkind.
- Cyclops base land speed is 40 ft.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- -4 racial penalty on spot and search checks.
- +4 racial bonus on intimidate and listen checks.
- Powerful Build (ex): the greater physical stature of cyclops lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a cyclops is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the cyclops is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A cyclops is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A cyclops can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category. Special: a cyclops size requires that their armor be made to fit someone of their stature, costing and weighing half again as much as armor for other medium creatures, and their build gives them a -4 penalty on hide checks.
- Cyclopian Glare (su): a cyclops can target an enemy with a stare that rends their soul. Times per day equal to their wisdom modifier, a cyclops can target an opponent withing 60 ft of themselves. The target must be able to see the cyclops. Unless the target succeeds on a will save (dc 10 + 1/2 of the cyclops hd + their wisdom modifier), they are affected by either a confusion or blindness effect, cyclops' choice.
- Automatic weapon proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, battleaxe, and net
- Automatic Languages: Cyclopian. Bonus Languages: Albionian, Jacinthian, Haraelian, Mintaurish, Utish.
- Favored Class: barbarian or fighter. Choose one at first level.
- Level Adjustment: +2