Cyborgs (Fallout Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Cyborgs have been around for sometime, however, most haven't had over 50% of their original organic parts replaced with mechanical ones. Those who choose to have over 50% replaced are "true" Cyborgs, while others are just humans with mechanical parts.
Cyborgs act almost exactly the same as they did before they exchanged organic parts for mechanical ones(Refer to Human's Personality). They can be occasionally seen recharging or performing tasks that a normal human couldn't normally do.
Cyborgs tend to be their original height before being mechanically enhanced, however, sometimes they will choose for an enhancement that increases their height. A cyborg's weight tends to be between 100 - 250 lbs more than before the enhancements were installed. Depending on the type of enhancements cyborgs usually can be seen with a myriad of different features(Features will vary depending on GM's approval). They often have metal plating covering their new mechanical parts. however, they sometimes choose to replace their skin with synthetic skin. This increases their limits beyond what they originally could do. Some cyborgs may even glow in the dark, depending on their enhancements.
Since cyborgs are humans who have been mechanically enhanced, most humans tend to look upon the cyborgs as an abomination. Refusing to cooperate, most humans tend to either run them out of town once they're discovered or killed for a crime they often didn't commit. Not all humans have such disdain for cyborgs, some enjoy their company just as much as having another human around them. Ghouls tend to feel indifferent towards cyborgs, seeing them as another outcast.
Cyborgs feel most at home in cities and towns that are further along in their technological advancements due to the cyborg generally being viewed as an "abomination" and the occasional need for components that aren't easily obtainable. However, most tend to be able to repair themselves and are often seen as lone wolves, living on the outskirts of abandon power plants and other old ruins.
Cyborgs can freely follow any religion they see fit, however, most tend to follow none. Most having a higher intelligence tend to find religion unnecessary.
Cyborgs can speak which ever languages they have learned over the years.
Cyborgs names can be any name a human may of had. Some cyborgs like to undergo a change of name or alias that pertains to their new cybernetic lifestyle.
- +6 to enhanced parts (GM decides depending on enhancements) (-4 Cha when interacting with a human with an Int of 7 or less.): Cyborgs enhancements allow them to push their new bodies to limits normally unobtainable by normal races.
- Medium: Medium creatures receive no penalties or bonuses for their size. However, may be a large creature depending on enhancements with GM's approval
- Cyborg base land speed is 30 ft with no leg enhancements. However, maybe up to 50 ft with GM's approval
- Timeless - Since the cyborg is made of at least 50% non-living materials, the cyborg doesn't age the same as humans. Eventually the few remaining organs will fail, however that would take a while. Cyborgs generally replace all organic systems with artificial ones. This helps keep the remaining organs healthy by monitoring them and artificially nurturing them.
- Ultra Immune System - Cyborgs are resistant to diseases & radiation poisoning. They gain a +2 bonus on Fortitude saving throws to resist poisons, diseases, and radiation sickness. Conversely, acid & electricity damage is increased by +50%, until the cyborg's armor is breached or damaged. Once the cyborg's armor is breached/damaged all elements effect him as if they were a human.
- Power Supply - Like other races, cyborgs have to breathe, drink, eat and sleep. Additionally, they have to maintain their power supply. They have solar panels to recharge their batteries during the day. Every 24 hours they must recharge for at least 8 hours, either by being outside in direct sunlight or by connecting to an alternative power source. They have 3, 24 hour battery life, batteries to provide power while not charging.
- Built - (Only obtainable if cyborgs torso has been mechanically enhanced.) Defense +4 from metal plating. Since cyborgs have artificial immune systems they cannot use any chems. Unarmed attacks cause 1d4 of lethal damage.
- Pain Inhibitor (Ex): The enhanced areas of cyborgs are automatically fitted with neural dampeners that reduce the effects of pain upon the body. This provides the cyborg a damage reduction of 3/-. With the pain inhibitors dormant, the cyborg gains fast healing 3 due to the enhancements being able to focus on maintaining the well being of the body more than defending it. This inhibitor can be turned on/off freely as a move action depending on how the cyborg sees fit.
- Internal/External Retinal Scanner (Ex): The cyborgs possess enhanced eyes that enable them to gain Darkvision 60 ft. This can also be in the form of a mask that unfolds and locks/unlocks freely over their face. It also enables the cyborg to spend 1 round scanning gaining a +3 to Spot checks.
- Add-Ons - Cyborgs can't get new armor (and some weapons) without special equipment to remove and replace there current armor (or weapons). However, they can add on new parts or change out parts as they come across them. (Cyborgs can take parts from weapons and add it on to an existing weapon. Example, a machine gun can be a starting weapon for a cyborg. While adventuring the cyborg finds another machine with a feature that can improve their current machine. The cyborg can take the part and add it onto their existing machine gun.)
- Feats - Cyborgs receive one extra Feat at first level, since at one time in their lives they were human's.
- Native Language: English (or language of origin). A Cyborg with a positive Intelligence modifier may learn 1 more language for every positive modifier.
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||250 years||300 years||300+5d20 years|
- GM shall modify height and weight based on enhancements
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 8"||+2d10||150 lb.||× 5 lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+2d10||130 lb.||× 5 lb.|