Cursed Lycanthrope (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
A Fighter Subclass
You've been cursed with an irreversible curse, and now you must live with the consequences. This curse will either help or hurt you, depending on how strategically you can predict the outcome of your actions.
Your curse is of lycanthropic nature. You have a beast inside you. Unnoticeable from a glance. The curse put on you might be from birth or from a recent event... The curse is of evil nature, but you can harness it's power with strategy and a little luck.
- An Unholy Curse
Starting at 3rd level. You have resistance to healing effects wrought onto you by holy- or other magical means. (healing is halved by spellcasters)
- In addition to this, give your curse a "name". You are immune to having that curse removed/cured unwillingly.
At 3rd level your curse starts to manifest within you, granting you rushes of power. You start to feel the beast inside wanting to break out. The blood of your enemies calls to it.
If you successfully strike a target with an attack during your turn, then at the end of your turn, roll a d6, and add the number to your "Curse Severity".
- While your Curse Severity is 4 or above. Your legs start to appear more beastlike, granting you 10ft of additional movement. This bonus is increased to 15ft at 7th level, 20ft at 10th level, 25ft at 15th level, and 30ft at 18th level.
- While your Curse Severity is 7 or above. Your chest region starts to manifest. Choose one from bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing. You gain resistance to that type of damage. At 10th level you may choose 2 resistances, and at 15th level you gain resistances to all physical damage instead. The resistances is circumvented by magical and silvered weapons.
- While your Curse Severity is 10 or above. Your arms swell up and grow muscular beyond human capability. Your melee attacks gain bonus damage equal to your strength modifier and have reach.
- At the start of your turn, if your Curse Severity is 15 or above. You loose control of yourself as you fully manifest, and lash out against the nearest creature in sight. This attack has advantage if the target is hostile. (this attack is not a part of your attack action)
- At the start of your turn, if your Curse Severity is 20 or above. You must succeed a wisdom saving throw of DC = "8 + your proficiency bonus + your constitution modifier". Or take psychic damage equal to "Your level + your proficiency bonus" and be stunned until the start of your next turn. On a successful save you take half damage and are not stunned. At the end of your turn your Curse severity is reset to 0, and you do not roll for Curse Severity.
- At the start of your turn, if your Curse Severity is 26 or above. Your mind goes numb as the beast tries to overtake your body. You take psychic damage equal to "Your level + your proficiency bonus" and you gain one point of Exhaustion. At the end of your turn your Curse severity is reset to 0, and you do not roll for Curse Severity.
- Curse Severity resets to 0 out of combat
- Twisted Mind
At 7th level, you may choose to double you roll for Curse severity at the end of your turn, or, roll twice and pick only one result.
- in addition to this, if you critically strike a target during your turn. When rolling for your next Curse Severity roll, you must use both effects from this feature, and pick the highest result possible.
- Aggravation and Suppression
At 10th level, you start to gain a little clarity into the nature of your curse. You can use your bonus action to add or subtract your Wisdom modifier to your next Curse severity roll. You can use this feature an amount of times equal to your Wisdom modifier and you regain all expended uses when you finish a short or long rest.
- in addition to this, if you critically strike a target, you must add your Wisdom modifier when rolling your next Curse Severity roll.
Starting at 15th level, whenever you reset your Curse Severity you can choose to reset it to 15 instead of 0.
Additionally at 18th level, whenever you make a Curse Severity roll at the end of your turn that results in you getting 10 or more Curse Severity. You feel the curse spiking within you, making you to go mad for an instant, causing you to flail uncontrollably in every direction. You lash out at each creature within range and must make an attack against each of them. (Including allies)