Coraxi (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
They are very decieving people. They usually lie to people in order to make "Friends". They are not trustworthy people.
Coraxi look much like ravens, with the exception of their brightly colored eyes. Their eyes glow while they are casting spells with somatic components.
Certain races, such as the Gnolls, have no good casters. Often their wizards are really just convincing scammers with Coraxi "familiars". Many races look on Coraxi with distrust, due to their unusual body shape for a sentient being and strange accents.
Coraxi are seldom lawful.
Coraxi enjoy all sorts of terrain, although they value places with plenty of perching spots. Their wide range of diets allows them to live happily in a great number of places.
Coraxi are a reasonable, logical sort of race, without much of a desire to conform with standard organization systems. As such, they appreciate the value of dealing with deities in a profitable manner. In a world where gods aren't real enough to be provable, they're almost all atheists. In a world where gods exist, they prefer to worship active gods that don't demand a very tight schedule.
Being a very linguistic sort of species, the Corax of different areas speak different languages. For the sake of simplicity, any Corax language will include 'Corax' in its name.
Coraxi invent their own names before they learn to speak. Technically, this means that their names are all baby talk. Common names resemble: Cawlus, Scrawkeor, Crohkohk, and Screkkie.
- +4 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, −4 Strength, −2 Constitution: Coraxi are not a particularly sturdy or powerful species, but they have keen minds and a good understanding of people.
- Magical Beast: Healthy Coraxi never have less then 3 Intelligence, so they can't be Animals, now can they?
- Tiny: As a Tiny creature, a corax gains a +2 size bonus to Armor Class, a +2 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +8 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than ordinary humanoids use, and her lifting and carrying limits are half those of a Medium character.
- Corax base land speed is 10 feet.
- Corax fly with a 40 foot Average fly speed.
- Darkvision 60ft
- Wizard's Memory (Ex): Coraxi can memorize spell books with a successful Autohypnosis check. This negates the need for a spell book, not the need to prepare their spells and sleep.
- Self Control (Ex): Autohypnosis is always a class skill for the Corax.
- Flimsy Construction (Ex): Coraxi are lightweights, built more for flight through the air than for getting smacked with axes. As such, their hit dice are always half the size, rounded up. (For example, a Corax Wizard would roll d2's for health, not d4's, and a Corax Fighter would roll d6's, not d10's.)
- Automatic Languages: Coraxi always know one of the following languages: Eastern Corax, Mountain Corax, or High Corax. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Word Wizard. Coraxi are good with words.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||70 years||100 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Length||Length Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||21"||+1d6"||1.4 lb.||× (1d4×.1) lb.|
|Female||21"||+1d6"||1.4 lb.||× (1d4×.1) lb.|