Cliopodan Venom (Pathfinder Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
A very watery seeming, almost clear liquid rests in a green vial that's sitting on the counter, the vial looks as if it was once a part of some large insectoid creature.
Cliopodan venom is, obviously, venom from mandibles of a race of four-armed tauric creatures with the lower bodies of centipedes and humanoid upper bodies.
- A Cliopodan can only naturally use their poison once a day, however the Cliopodan may "milk" the venom from their mandibles, in a similar way to milking spiders and venomous snakes, to store the poison for later use on weapons or to lace a target's food with
The strange thing about Cliopodan venom is that it is considered as both an Injury and Ingested poison for use on both weapons and on foods.
The bottled poison lasts for three weeks before becoming unusable. Each week left unused leaves it with 1/3 less(compounded) strength than a fresh batch. Many are not masters at this and may mess up the process, wasting the venom and the use of the venom for that day which helps the make the fact that this venom is very rare quite true.
The taste and scent of the poison in a victim's food are reminiscent of caramel candies but are so faint that it would take well trained senses to detect (Wisdom DC 20+Wis mod of the poisoner)
- If the poison would be injected into a victim through injector bolts or arrows the poison acts as if it was inflicted through injury
- Fresh: (18 + 1/2 the hit die of the Cliopodan(min. 1) + the Cliopodan's Con modifier) (the average of which being 19)
- 1 week old:(15 + 1/2 the hit die of the Cliopodan(min. 1) + the Cliopodan's Con modifier) (the average of which being 16)
- 2 weeks old: (10 + 1/2 the hit die of the Cliopodan(min. 1) + the Cliopodan's Con modifier) (the average of which being 11)
- 3 weeks old: (5 + 1/2 the hit die of the Cliopodan(min. 1) + the Cliopodan's Con modifier) (the average of which being 6)
Type: Ingestion, Injury
Onset if ingested: 10 minutes
- if ingested: 1/minute
- if injected/injury: 1/round
Initial Damage: 2d4 Dexterity damage
Secondary Damage: Paralysis for 3d8 days
- Effect: The victim is able to talk(after the first day, see, eat, drink, and breathe, but is unable to move any other parts of the body.
Tertiary Damage: Unconscious for 1 day + 1d6 hours
Price: 7,000 gp for a 3 week old dose, 14,000 for a 2 week old dose, 21,000 gp for a 1 week old dose, 28,000 gp for a fresh dose Forms of containment: The venom sacs within Cliopodan mandibles, small vials reminiscent of said mandibles.
Note: This poison is very hard to obtain for Non-Cliopodan peoples, as the Cliopodans tend to not freely milk their venom out for free or even at all in nearly all cases.