Cliopodan ERP Additions and Rules (3.5e Variant Rule)
From D&D Wiki
Cliopodan Additions and Rules
Special rules for ERP only
This race can easily be adapted for use in an ERP heavy campaign in the following ways:
- Grapple conditions: The cliopodan gains a +6 racial bonus to grapple checks meant to keep a humanoid opponent against them for certain actions.
Alternate Racial traits
- Flexible antennas: The antennas of a few cliopodans are much more flexible and soft than others of their kind. This trait adds a +4 untyped bonus to any rolls involving anything dealing with the cliopodan's head.
- Softer Mandibles: Some cliopodans have softer sides to their mandibles and can use them as a set of internal pedipalps. This trait adds a +2 racial bonus to all checks dealing with the mouth.
- Longer Tongue: A few cliopodans have very longue tongues and can use them as deftly as if it were a prehensile tail. This trait adds a +4 racial bonus to all checks dealing with the mouth, but gives a -2 penalty to all linguistics checks.
- Soft Belly, Strong Legs: Some Cliopodans have a softer carapace along their underside than many members of their species, yet this carapace is not lost as is found on the legs of the organism. The Cliopodan gains a +2 natural armour bonus instead of the +4 the race would normally get, a slam attack that deals 1d6 + 1 1/2 str mod, and a +2 to grapple checks.