Clever Human, Homo Antoninis (D20 Modern Race)
From D&D Wiki
Clever Human, Homo Antoninis
The Homo Antoninis, commonly known as the clever humans, are highly intelligent sub-species of humanity that created by genetic engineering. They have a very long life expectancy, and can easily achieve the age of 1000 years. They become aware even before they born, and their mental development is majorly surpassing their physical one - they teach themselves to walk, talk and read perfectly in a few weeks after their birth, and they are coming to mental maturity in about the physical age of 6. They can process information much faster than regular humans, and have perfect memory, thereby have a virtually unlimited capability of learning. They are also somewhat stronger, agiler and tougher regular humans, and they can heal injuries and overcome diseases and intoxications faster and easier than ordinary humans can. The pregnancy period of Homo Antoninis is about 7 months, and the babies are born with a relatively low birth weight.
Similar to regular humans. Due to their accelerated mental development, children are surprisingly mature.
Homo Antoninis are externally identical to ordinary humans (Homo Sapiens). However, a deep scan, a brain surgery or an autopsy will reveal that their brain's structure is more complicated than of ordinary humans.
Similarly to regular humans.
By their alignment.
Common. Due to their learning capability, they are usually proficient in numerous languages.
- +12 to Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma, +4 to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution: Homo Antoninis are highly intelligent, alert and strong willed, and are somewhat stronger, agiler and tougher than ordinary humans. Plus, whenever a Homo Antoninis gain a bonus point for an ability score obtained by gaining a level, they receive two points instead of one, and can increase an ability scored above 20 but not above 26 with such feature.
- Medium Humanoid (Human): Homo Antoninis, though evolved, are still a subspecies of humanity, and are still human in nature.
- Homo Antoninis base land speed is 60 feet per round. As a result of their enhanced strength, they can move faster than ordinary humans.
- Highly Enhanced Brain Capability (Ex): Homo Antoninis are highly intelligent, very quick learners and have perfect memory and surprisingly awareness to their surroundings even before their birth. They have a +16 racial bonus on all Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma-based checks (a +20 bonus on all Knowledge checks), and gain 20 additional skill points per level and an additional feat each level. They also can process information about 12 times faster than ordinary humans can (for example, a book that an ordinary human would read in 4 hours, Homo Antoninis would read in 20 minutes). This is allowing them to learn everything 12 times faster than usual, including skills and languages. They gain 12 times skill points per level than they should by their class.
- Accelerate Healing (Ex): Homo Antoninis have a massive amount of raw stem cells in their blood, thus are capable of healing in noticeably accelerated rate. They heal in rate of 1 hit point per 3 hours (eight times faster than ordinary humans). They also have a +8 racial bonus on Fortitude checks.
- Enhanced Physiology (Ex): Homo Antoninis's bones, muscles and skin are a little denser than those of ordinary humans, giving them enhanced durability; they have damage reduction 5/magic and resistance 5 to all elements.
- Human Nature (Ex): Homo Antoninis, in spite of their unique characteristics, are still human in nature, thus still gain the usual bonuses of humans (an extra feat at 1st level, 4 extra skill points at 1st level and an extra skill point at each additional level).
- Native Language: Common.
- Level Adjustment: +4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|400 years||600 years||900 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|