Circle of Mutation (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Druid Circle: Circle of Mutation
Those few druids who are members of this collection of sub-circles are far different than the others. There are three groups, devoted to a plane each: those who seek to bring the magic and inhabitants of the Feywild to the other planes; those who wish for the elements of the Primordial Planes to spread; and those few yet best known who wish to open the gates between the material plane and the Lower Planes. Powerful druids of this circle change the creatures of the Material Plane as they see fit, converting hounds and birds into fey, elementals or fiends. They often keep these creatures as pets, or minions in battle.
Acolyte of the Planes
At 2nd level, you choose to attune yourself to one of the following planes: one of the elemental planes (fire, air, earth or water), the feywild or the lower planes. The chosen plane is used by features you gain later.
Also, you learn a language related to the chosen plane: primordial (elemental planes),elvish and sylvan (feywild) or abyssal and infernal (lower planes).
Beginning at 2nd level, you gain the power to change beasts into extra-planar creatures. With one use of your Wild Shape feature, you can touch a friendly creature, infusing planar energy into it. You can use use this feature on beasts of a challenge rating as high as your druid level divided by 4, rounded down.
The bonded planar mutant is friendly to you and your companions and obeys your commands. Its uses the beast game statistics, adding specific traits depending on the plane you have chosen to attune.
In combat, the bonded planar mutant shares your initiative count, but it takes its turn immediately after yours. The only action it takes on its turn is the Dodge action, unless you take a bonus action on your turn to command it to take one of the actions in its stat block, one of the actions on the list of mutations or to take the Dash, Disengage, Help, or Hide action.
- Speed:: fly 30 ft
- Resistances: fire.
- Immunities: poison, poisoned condition.
- Senses: darkvision 60 ft.
- Devil’s Sight: Magical darkness doesn’t impede the fiend’s darkvision.
- Hurl Flame: Ranged Spell Attack: beast proficiency bonus, range 150 ft., one target. Hit: 2d6 fire damage. If the target is a flammable object that isn’t being worn or carried, it also catches fire
- Speed:: fly 30 ft
- Resistance: The fey has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Immunities: charmed condition
- Senses: darkvision 60 ft
- Fey Step: As a bonus action, the fey can magically teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space it can see.
- Ecstatic Step: Immediately after using its Fey Step, the fey can choose a creature it can see within 10 feet of it and force it to succeed on a Wisdom saving throw against your spell save DC or be charmed by the fey for 1 minute. The charm ends if the fey or any of its companions deals any damage to the target.
- Speed: fly 30 ft (air only, hover), burrow 40 ft (earth only), swim 40 ft (water only).
- Resistances: lighting, piercing, slashing (earth only), acid (water only), thunder (air only).
- Immunities: poison, exhaustion, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, unconscious, fire (Fire only).
- Senses: darkvision 60 ft
- Amorphous Form (Air, Fire, and Water Only): The elemental mutant can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing.
- Slam: Melee Weapon Attack: beast proficiency bonus, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d10 + beast Strength modifier bludgeoning damage (Air, Earth, and Water only) or fire damage (Fire only).
Starting at 6th level, the attacks of your planar mutants count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.
At 10th level, you gain the ability to channel the planes power to alter your form. As an action, you can expend a use of your Wild Shape feature to take on a planar form, gaining all the benefits of your planar mutants. The form lasts for 10 minutes or until you’re incapacitated.
At 14th level, whenever you cast any spell the affects beasts, you can now target the type of creature related to the plane you are attuned with.
In addition, you learn how to reshape the environment to better resemble the plane you are attuned with. You have the spell "Druids Groove" always prepared. It functions as normal, but with the following differences:
Now summon up to four awakened beasts, with CR 2 or lower, based on the surrounding terrain and on what types of creatures would logically be present in the area. All beasts summoned by this spell have the planar mutant traits.
Additional Spell Effect
Now you can choose between the following spell effects:
In one location of your choice
- Elemental Chaos: Wind Wall (Air), Wall of Water (Water), Wall of Sand (Earth).
- Feywild: Major Image or Hypnotic Pattern
- Lower Planes: Hunger of Hadar or Stinking Cloud
In two locations of your choice
- Elemental Chaos: Gust of Wind (Air), Grease (Water) Dust Devil (Earth), Flame Sphere (Fire).
- Feywild: Calm Emotions and Unseen Servant
- Lower Planes: Darkness or Cloud of Daggers