Circle of Dominance (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Not all druids are content falling back into the food chain. Druids who follow the Circle of Dominance consider themselves alphas, undisputed rulers of the kingdoms of nature. They're trained with the weapons of their culture, not confined to nonmetals; after all, metal is simply an expression of dominance over the earth itself.
|Wood Elves in harsh conditions often follow this Circle.|
|The Green Knight by Alexandre Chaudret|
When you choose this circle at 2nd level, you gain proficiency with simple and martial weapons.
Starting at 2nd level, you may choose from one of the following alpha spirits:
- Hawk Alpha. You gain +5 Passive Perception and +10 movement speed. You can read lips if you understand the language being spoken.
- Bear Alpha. While you are wildshaped, you deal 3 additional damage whenever you deal damage with a physical attack.
- Hound Alpha. You may use your action to cast the command spell, based on Wisdom, on a beast you can see. It must make a Charisma saving throw to resist; beasts with 6 or less Charisma automatically fail this throw.
- Panther Alpha. You gain 1 AC and gain the parry reaction*, but may only use it targeting attacks from beasts. While you are wildshaped, this increases to 2 AC, but the parry reaction is lost.
- Spider Alpha. You gain resistance to Poison damage and can't be Poisoned. While wildshaped, you have advantage to grapple (but not to maintain grapple).
\\*The parry reaction reads: "You add 2 to your AC against one melee attack that would hit you. To do so, you must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon."
Starting at 6th level, you may spend 1 hour with a beast of CR 1/2 of lower in an attempt to force it to your will. Make a Wisdom (Animal Handling) check contested by the beast's Charisma saving throw. If you win the contest, the beast becomes loyal to you; otherwise, you enter into combat with it. You can have three bonded beasts at one time. At level 14, the CR cap increases to 1.
At 10th level, you learn the geas spell and can target any creature with it. It is always prepared and the creature doesn't need to understand you.
Starting at 14th level, you deal an additional damage die of damage whenever you hit with a physical attack while wildshaped. Furthermore, your wildshaped forms begin with 1 additional AC and 21 (3d12) additional HP.