Child of Valarian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Children of Valarian
A Child of Valarians hold the forest and all life sacred. She is a champions of goodness and will aid others when possible. Most of the time she stays in the forest that her parents protect, but often wander lust drives her to explore the world and become an adventurer. She tends to be good natured, quick to laugh and enjoys, a good prank.
Children of Valarian tend to be stronger and taller than their Nymph mothers, appearing to be about the same height and build as a regular human woman. Her pointed ears, graceful motions, and hint of magic are dead giveaways of her magical birth. Like both her parents, her beauty is always beyond the mortal realm. Perfect skin, hair of dark copper silver or gold, and eyes of the deepest blue, brown, gold or violet. Nature seems not to affect her appearance either. Even after months spent in the outdoors her hair is still perfect, and dirt and grim just flake off of her skin over time. Her natural beauty makes any form of jewelry, makeup or other ornamentation unnecessary, but Children of Valarian often braid ribbons, feathers and flowers into their hair.
In addition, she tends to have a tie to a particular natural place and her appearance often reflects the seasons there. Her hair becoming a rich brown with greener eyes in the spring. In the summer her hair might become lighter with the eyes becoming a more golden color and taking on a dark tan to her skin. The fall sees her hair darken to a deep copper with her eyes turning a dark drown. In the winter her hair would darken to black with her eyes turning an icy blue and her skin pale. These changes would happen slowly as nature doesn't tend to jump between seasons. Her appearance my also reflect the weather in this special place. Her hair might wave from a breeze hundreds of miles away, or become damp from rain even if it is a clear sky.
Despite her great beauty, a child of Valarian might grow up feeling as an ugly duckling. After all she is comparing herself to the majestic power of her father, the graceful beauty of her mother and a perfect sunrise.
She doesn't have the aversion to outsiders that her parents do, but she is often mistrustful of those who haven't proven their intentions. She feels most at home with animals and other sylvan creatures, but can also form strong bonds with elves, rangers, druids, and other protectors of nature. Though she may never see eye to eye with other forces for good like Paladins, she recognizes their good heart and will ask for or render aid when needed. Children of Valarian have no patience for evil creatures or those that harm nature.
Neutral or Chaotic Good
Any natural area, especially forests.
Children of Valarian tend to worship Ehlonna or Valarian, but other good gods that deal with nature also hold a place in her heart.
Common and Sylvan
Children of Valarian often have elven names.
- +6 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +6 Wisdom, +10 Charisma
- Fey: Children of Valarian are always humanoid females, but are fey with all that that entails.
- Class skills are: Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge Nature, Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim and Use Rope. Handle Animal, Heal and knowledge nature are always considered class skills for a Child of Valarian.
- Children of Valarian are proficient with all simple weapons.
- Child of Natures Goodness: A Child of Valarian draws power from the good gods of nature. If she ever stops being of good alignment, willingly commits an evil act or wantonly damages nature she loses all her supernatural, spell-like abilities and spells until she properly atones. She also has the the same armor restrictions druids do.
- Cold Iron vulnerability. A Child of Valarian takes an extra 1d6 damage from any cold iron weapon. In addition, she takes 1 damage anytime she touches Cold Iron. If contact persists, she takes an additional point of damage every hour until she reaches zero HP, but she doesn't drop bellow that. When bound by cold iron (whether it be a cage or manacles) she loses all spells,spell like abilities and supernatural abilities.
- Children of Valarian are immortal and never take age penalties after reaching adulthood at 20 years.
- Children of Valarian base land speed is 30 feet, Swim 20 feet.
- Lesser Protection From Evil, (Su): This effect duplicates the spell except it doesn't provide the protection from summoned creatures. The caster level is equal to her hit dice. Since she is gaining a resistance bonus to saves and a deflection bonus to ac from Unearthly Grace, this will only improve those stats if her charisma modifier is less than +2. The effect is always active and cannot be suppressed.
- Unearthly Grace (Su): A Child of Valarian adds her charisma modifier as a resistance bonus on all her saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to her Armor Class.
- Wild Empathy (Ex): This power works like the Druid’s Wild Empathy class feature except she uses her HD to determine her level, if a Child of Valarian gains levels in a class that also grants this ability, she instead gets a +6 bonus on the check.
- Animal Companion (Ex): A Child of Valarian may spend a feat to gain an animal companion as a druid equal to her Fey HD plus half of her class levels. These stack with any classes that give an animal companion, but never so that her effective Druid level is higher than her total HD.
- Natures Touch: With a touch (standard action that doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity) a Child of Valarian can infuse the power of nature into a target. This has a number of effects. She can purge the body of poisons (this acts like the neutralize poison spell, but it doesn't provide ongoing protection and can't neutralize the poison of a creature), she can heal a creature as a Paladin of 1/2 her total HD using Lay on Hands, and against undead it performs as a Turn Undead attempt as a Cleric of two levels lower than her HD (touch attack and only the touched undead is effected).
- Spell-Like Ability: Detect Evil as the spell 3 times a day.
- Spells: A Child of Valarian casts druid spells as a druid equal to her Fey HD. Unlike a druid, a Child of Valarian knows spells as a sorcerer equal to her caster level, but she automatically knows all cure and summon animal spells. She can't spontaneously cast summon spells. If she later takes levels as a druid, these levels stack with her Druid level and these restrictions go away.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Celestial, Elven and Halfling.
- Favored Class: Druid
- Level Adjustment: 0
- 1. Fey HD. Dex +2, Con +2. Int +2. Fey, Weapon proficiency, Child of Natures Goodness, Immortal, Clean Skin, Base Land Speed, Animal Companion, Druid Spell Progression, Cold Iron Vulnerability.
- 2. +2 Wis, +2 Cha. Swim Speed 20.
- 3. Fey HD. +2 Cha. Lesser Protection from Evil.
- 4. +2 Con, Cha +2. Detect Evil.
- 5. Fey HD +2 Cha. Wild Empathy.
- 6. +2 Dex, +2 Wis +2 Cha. Natures Touch.
- 7. Fey HD +2 Dex, +2 Wis, Unearthly Grace.