Canuan (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Canuans are bipedal monstrous humanoids with the head, nose, eyes, ears, tongue, hands, legs, feet, fur, and tail of a canine.
|Size/Type:||Medium Monstrous Humanoid|
|Hit Dice:||1d8+1 (5 hp)|
|Speed:||30 ft. (6 squares)|
|Armor Class:||15 (+5 chainmail), touch 10, flat-footed 15|
|Attack:||Longsword +2 (1d8+1) or Bite +2 (1d8+1) or Claw +2 (1d4+1)|
|Full Attack:||Longsword +2 (1d8+1) or Bite +2 (1d8+1) and Claw -3 (1d4)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Qualities:||Low-Light Vision, Scent|
|Saves:||Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3|
|Abilities:||Str 12, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8|
|Skills:||Climb +3, Intimidate +3, Listen +5, Search +2, Spot +5, Survival +5, Swim +3|
|Feats:||Alertness, Athletic, Endurance, Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Track|
|Organization:||Solitary, Hunting Pack (2-10), Pack (11-20), Tribe (21-100), Village (101-200)|
|Alignment:||Often Lawful Neutral|
|Advancement:||By character class|
Canuans can be either carnivores or omnivores depending on their breed, stand around 6 feet tall, and generally weight between 100 and 300 pounds usually. They speak common as well as their own native language: canuanese.
Canuans typically prefer to travel and hunt in small packs that move quickly at night. Their preferred tactic is to surround their enemy after chasing it down and then overwhelming it as the pack closes in.
Culture and Lifestyle
There are many breeds of canuan. Some appear more like dogs while others appear more like wolves. As a result they are known to live in villages in all sorts of environments all across the Kaltamorn region. Some villages are in better communication with nearby towns or cities while others are more isolated. Their culture is usually built around loyalty and contributing for the good of the pack.
Canuans as Characters
Canuan characters possess the following racial traits.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
- Medium Size
- Space/Reach: 5 feet/5 feet.
- A canuan's base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision
- Weapon Proficiency: A canuan is proficient with all simple with the Longsword, Longbow, Shortbow, Short Sword, and all simple weapons.
- Racial Skills: Canuans get a +4 bonus to Intimidate checks and a +2 bonus on Survival and Swim checks.
- Racial Feats: Canuans gain the Alertness, Athletic, Endurance, Improved Natural Attack (Bite), and Track feats as a racial bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Bite (1d8), Claw (1d4)
- Special Qualities (see above): scent
- Automatic Languages: Common, Canuan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven, and Gnoll
- Favored Class: Ranger
- Level Adjustment: 1