Canis Humanis (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The canis humanis are a race of dog-people who are typically kind and gentle. They have a strict code of honor they live by, and submission is usually not an option for them. When forced to fight they fight with a relentlessness not seen in any other race. The canis humanis are not very trusting, and are quite secretive. Typically the males are the leaders in society, but the leaders wife is always second in command.
Canis humanis are a human-like race with dog ears protruding from their heads. Also, they have a tail and sharp nose senses. They have rather large canines, and they tend to age quickly, but they are built quite strong and are definately a challange in combat. Finally, canis humanis are typically more human than dog, and they have mostly skin showing.
Canis humanis are not very trusting. They share land, as long as they are not to often disturbed. Canis humanis are always looking for ways to prolong their lifespan, and have made leaps and bounds in the medical field of science. They occasionally trade with other humanoids, but they do not like monster races.
Canis humanis tend to be lawful neutral, but there are always exceptions. Canis humanis can be of any alignment.
Canis humanis are most comfortable living in temparate areas. They do not like hot weather, and tend to live in colder areas. They live in mountains and on the plains, but not in the forest.
Religion is something quite diverse among the canis humanis. They do not have a favored or singled religion.
Canis humanis speak Canine and Common.
Names are just a way to call a friend to the canis humanis.
Males: Duke, Isaac, Malaki, Tigger, Zane. Females: Kiki, Oshcoya, Penny, Sierra, Trixy.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma : Canis humanis are tough and have keen senses ,and are a secluded people.
- Humanoid (Canine): They are dog-humans, plain and simple.
- Canis humanis base land speed is 40:
- Canis humanis gain +4 to listen, search, and survival checks.
- Canis humanis gain a +4 racial bonus to tracking, and automatically have the track ability as a ranger.
- Canis humanis heal faster than regular people and thus so gain Rapid Metabolism as a bonus feat at first level and a additional fast healing of 2.
- Automatic Languages: Canine, Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|15||20 years||25 years||+1d6 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+1d6||150 lb.||× 2d6 lb.|
|Female||5' 5"||+1d6||140 lb.||× 2d4 lb.|