Cait Sith (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Cait Sith are a race of people persons, but not with people. They find themselves closer to animals. They would usually be found in the forest with animals playing or relaxing. They would travel into town on top of their animal companions because they would never let them be alone.
Cait Sith resemble cats in a close fashions. They are not tall by themselves standing at the max of 6 feet, but can be down to 4 feet. They can only weigh up to 130 pounds due to being a light race, but can weigh down to 60 pounds, but that is a sickly weight for them. They tend to have Gold Eyes and hair, but have tails and ears that seem to resemble cats. They also have fangs and claws.
Cait Sith are liked all round. They seem to be loved by animal lovers the most because they look like Cats themselves. They also are Cons and Tricksters, but have a good heart yearning to do the common good. Most people like and love the Cait Sith due to their playful personality.
Cait Sith are considered Good people all round and is a very small percent of those that aren't good. The Cait Sith also believe that people should live their own lives, not held by law. This leads them to be slightly Chaotic, but it is not unheard of to see them be passive to things. Due to their personality, they tend to never be Lawful.
Cait Sith tend to live an areas surrounded with Wild Life with cities close by, but usually out of sight. The wildlife surrounding them tend to love the Cait Sith. This leads them to live in Valleys lush with life or forests full of creatures.
Cait Sith usually do not follow Gods, tending to let Mother Earth guide them. On the off occasion that the Cait Sith follow a god, they tend to follow Gods of Nature or Traveling. The majority going for the Gods of Nature Leading towards those with grasps of Animal Nature.
Cait Sith know two languages. They know Common and Sylvan. They can learn four other languages. They can learn any other languages besides Secret Languages like Druidic.
Cait Sith usually name themselves at Birth or when old enough to speak (20 years). Their last names tend to hang around the ideals of Serenity or Nature.
- +4 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution, -4 Strength: Cait Sith are naturally balanced due to their cat like instincts. The public relations with them love their cat like face and tail. The Cait Sith are natuaral survivalists. They tend to be docile or fight from a distance, lowering their muscle power.
- Humanoid (Fey): Cait Sith resemble humanoids, but are actually slightly Elvish.
- Medium: No bonuses are granted by Size.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): Cait Sith can see twice as far as a human can in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish detail under these conditions.
- Cait Sith base land speed is 40 feet: Swim: 20
- Wall Running (Ex): At Level 1, Due to being at light race Cait Sith can run up walls. Normally they can get up to 10 meters, however if they have a Dexterity modifier of +5 or above they can run up to 30 meters as a Full Round Action as if using the Run ability. They must end on a surface that they could stand on, if they do not make it to a surface as like, they may flip off of the wall and end their turn in the air.
- Beast Tamer (Ex): At Level 1, Cait Sith have the adept ability to tame felines or something that resembles felines. They can make a Handle Animal or Diplomacy (They gain these skills if they are not trained). Regular cats are the easiest tame. The DC is GM determined because creatures vary in Intelligence. Regular have a DC 20 + Will Bonus + Int Mod + Challenge Rating vs Your Diplomacy or Handle Animal. The formula is kicked to 40 for Magical cats and Humanoid cats are 45. Once they are tamed, they act under your control until end of combat or until you release them. You can command them such as a pet, but they will have a Will save against something that just ends their life, such as "Kill Yourself". You must be within 5 feet of the creature to do this and this takes a full round action.
- Nature's Gift (Ex): If playing a Ranger or Druid, the Cait Sith can have one more Animal Companion, if they do a variant that trades in their pet, this acts under that low. If the class selected does not have pets, this grants them one. If playing a Ranger/Druid, that isn't a variant, they may have two Animal Companions that can be the same creature, but can vary.
- Natural Weapons (Ex): The Cait Sith have 1d6 claws and 1d8 Bite attack. These claws can be extended or retracted as a free action.
- Tails (Ex): When someone yanks on their tail, they must focus their fire on that sole person, but for 1d4 rounds they are Shaken.
- Feats (Ex): Cait Sith can choose between the three feats: Track, Spring Attack, or Scent.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Any besides Hidden Languages like Druidic, but only 4.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: LA +0