Cacnaer (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|A "race's compendium" race created by|
Carceri is home to bandits, thieves, and saboteurs, but occasionally innocent people, wrongly convicted, are sent there as punishment for things they didn’t do. These people usually band together to try to resist the total depression the plane usually causes. One such people, the Cacnaer, survived the planet, and during a massive battle of the Blood War, they escaped. They escaped to the material plane, and have since lived in seclusion, coming to grips with being returned home.
Cacnaer tend to be good people, they are strong willed, and have winning personalities. They have learned to hide their decades of hatred and pain, except occasionally in battle. In battle they have been known to go utterly insane, taking out all their pent-up anger, and ruthlessly killing, without realizing it. They also tend to be slightly off-beat, and even a little insane at times. Years of eternal damnation will do that to you.
Cacnaer look like most humans, except that they have dark hair, almost reddish skin, and are very muscular. Their eyes are the contrast to their otherwise dark form. Their eyes can be any color, but are usually some bright, shocking color. Most common are all shades of blue, and deep emerald green. Their most noticeable feature is the mark of Carceri, a brand which was first used to identify them by their captors, but over the years, it has not faded.
Cacnaer get along with just about everyone, save evil people. They cannot stand to see people being tortured or hurt, but for the most part, they give everyone their fare shake.
Cacnaer have an unwavering bent toward good. They are fairly neutral when it comes to chaos/law, but their good nature is unmatched. There are reports of evil Cancaer consorting with devils and whatnot, but these individuals are one in a million.
Cacnaer have no lands of their own, but usually choose to live in areas where they are secluded. Often this is near a town that rests in a mountain valley, where they may stay hidden, but watch over the townspeople, in case they need help.
Cacnear have no particular devotion to any one deity, but they usually worship good deities, especially heironeous, being the crusader.
Cacnaer once had a language of their own, before they became the cacnaer, and before their imprisonment, but due to lack of use, they have forgotten it, but they have been known to occasionally use an unrecognizable word or two. They have since adopted the tongues of their captors. Names: Cacnear tend to use human names with a slightly demonic touch. This is not by design, it’s just that when they started to be named, they were named by their demon overlords.
Alech, Ban, Mikal, Gunn, Justa, Joh,
Krii, Justi, Meich,
This tradition has been long-since lost. Cacnear feel a very strong tie to their families, but in Carceri they had no families, and so they lost their family name tradition. Some Cacnear who live in human society will adopt a family name, and pass it on to their children.
Most Cacnear adventurers are either crusaders of justice, or are militant, and trying to prove themselves to the world. They are rarely spell casters, as they have seen first hand the dangers of perverse magic. Cacnaer psions are legendary, tales of them have been passed around many a campfire, but there are no confirmed reports of them.
Cacnaer Racial Traits
- +2 Str, +2 Cha, -2 Wis, -2 Dex cacnaer are strong, and have winning, leading personalities, but are slightly insane and decidedly slow.
- Medium size: cacnaer get no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- +1 on attack and damage rolls vs. outsiders (evil). After their many years of fighting demons and devils, they have learned the perfect ways to combat them.
- +2 dodge bonus vs. outsiders (evil) they have learned the attack patterns of their foes, and learned to avoid them.
- Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Garrote. Cacnaer Have learned to use weapons that are easily concealable, or easily mistaken for more mundane items.
- Weapon Focus either dart or dagger, they have learned perfect ways to use small, concealable weapons
- +2 will saves vs. compulsion, despite their slight insanity, they have learned to resist overt mental commands
- +2 on Sleight of hand checks to conceal a weapon, on carceri, your only hope is to not be caught with a weapon
- +2 on escape artist, they have learned to easily slip bonds and chains
- Mark of Carceri: All prisoners of the great jail of carceri are branded with a distinguishable mark, usually on their forehead or neck. This mark is recognized by all outsiders with the evil subtype, as the mark of carceri. Most evil outsiders will ruthlessly attack or capture these people, to return them to their prison. It lowers the initial attitude of evil outsiders (toward themselves only) by one step. This mark also allows a demonic outsider to make a capture command to which Will negates with a DC15+ (depending on the demon class), if it's a failed roll, the cacnaer will act as if under the effect of Hold Person spell with a caster level equal to the demon's level, each round the cacnaer has a chance to escape this effect with a static Will check DC20+ (depending on the demon class). If unable to escape the demon's grip and such demon retreats to its original plane, it (or its master) will most probably make a ritual to become the master of the cacnaer, if such ritual is completed, the cacnaer now acts as a subservant slave to such demon. If the cacnaer's group ever finds him/her, he/she is eligible to a single Will roll DC25+ to get free from the curse; if the demon who made the ritual is defeated, the cacnaer becomes free.
- Languages: Infernal and common, many years of exposure has taught them the tongues of their captors
- Bonus languages: Abyssal, and Celestial. They learn the tongues of their enemies and allies.
- Favored class: Fighter and, due to their hatred for evil, Paladin, Cleric.
- LA +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||40 years||50 years||+1d20 * 4 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+1d6||120 lb.||5 × (2d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 0"||+1d6||90 lb.||5 × (2d6) lb.|