Blues (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Blues are less outwardly violent than many of their comrades, but they remain reclusive, and most blues prefer to remain within their tribes, where they are usually venerated for their superior mental acuity. Blues who become adventurers have likely been exiled as "freaks" from a tribe who wasn't so accepting of the blue's mysterious powers.
Blues are a subrace of goblins with an innate knack for psionics. A blue is often smaller than an average goblin, standing just about 3 feet tall and weighing about 40 pounds. Blues have noticeably blue-tinged skin, and their eyes are less dull than those of a common goblin. Otherwise, they resemble their kin.
Like many other goblinoids, blues are clannish and mostly prefer to associate with other goblinoids, including other blues, goblins, hobgoblins and bugbears. They often harbor a subconscious enmity towards plains-dwelling races who might compete with their tribes for food, such as orcs, centaurs, and wild elves; otherwise, they
Defaulting to a free-wheeling tribal lifestyle, many blues wind up chaotic. However, due in part to their increased intelligence, they are more likely than other goblinoids to bend neutral or even lawful, and have no strong inclination toward any part of the good-evil axis.
Most blues live in temperate environments, especially plains. Their lack of physical hardiness means that they're not very tolerant of extremely hot or cold environments, but they do sometimes take up residence in shallow caves and low-elevation foothills.
- +2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma: Blues are mentally keen, but live a sheltered life, leading to occasional social difficulties, especially with non-goblinoids.
- Humanoid (Goblinoid, Psionic)
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 of those of Medium characters.
- Blue base land speed is 30 feet.
- Naturally Psionic: Blues gain 1 bonus power point at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Abilities (Ps): 3/day— detect psionics, distract, entangling ectoplasm. Manifester level 1/2 blue's Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The save DC is Intelligence based.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
- Favored Class: Psion.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|22 years||35 years||50 years||+3d6 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 4"||+1d6 inches||35 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||2' 1"||+1d6 inches||30 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|