Blue Blood (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Blue bloods are humans with vampiric heritage, similarly to how aasimars are humans with celestial heritage, and tiefling are humans with fiendish heritage. However, most blue bloods don't survive past their eighteenth birthday; thus, they are far rarer than any other kind of planetouched, thus are mainly unknown. Due to their vampiric heritage, they are anemic and cannot withstand significant blood loss.
Regular human personality.
Blue bloods are indistinguishable from ordinary humans. However, they are always irregularly pale.
Any land both humans and vampires can be found.
Ability Bonuses: Dex +2, Wis +2, Cha+2.
Size, Type and Subtype: Medium Humanoid (Human, Vampire).
Speed: Blue blood base land speed is 30 feet per round.
Enhanced Senses: Blue bloods possess somewhat heightened senses in compare to ordinary humans; they gain a +2 bonus on all Spot and Listen checks.
Low-Light vision: Blue bloods can see in poor illumination twice as further as humans.
Nutrient Blood: The blood of blue bloods heals vampires (both undead and alive) that digest it 4d8+6 HPs.
Heritage Immunity: Blue bloods can never be affected by vampires' Dominate ability, as well as by any other mind-affecting ability vampires may possess. Other mind-affecting effects, however, affect them as usual.
Anemic: Whenever blue bloods lose blood (say, a vampire is feeding off them, or through a serious wound), they suffer 150% damage, be it Constitution damage or HP damage.
Limited Lifespan: When blue bloods reach the age of 18 years, they must succeed on a Fortitude save at DC 40 or they die. If they succeed, they lose this trait and gain Vampiric Transcendence (a Restoration spell etc. that is cast on the blue blood just before the moment of death, allows them to survive as well).
Vampiric Transcendence: Blue bloods that succeed to survive past their eighteenth birthday both lose the trait Limited Lifespan and gain the following traits:
- +6 Str, +4 Dex, +6 Con, +2 Int, +4 Wis, +2 Cha. Those new bonuses are added to their already applied bonuses, not replacing them.
- The base land speed of transcendent blue bloods is fourfold (120 feet per round). Acquire climbing speed and swimming speed equal to the base speed.
- Transcendent blue bloods gain a +6 bonus to their natural armor.
- Heightened Senses: Transcendent blue bloods gain a +4 bonus on all Spot and Listen checks (overall bonus of +6). Also, they have Scent within 30 feet and Blindsense out to 30 feet.
- Superior Low-Light Vision: Transcendent blue bloods can see in poor illumination as if it were bright light.
- Superior Darkvision: Transcendent blue bloods can see in complete darkness as if it were dim light.
- Healing Factor: Transcendent blue bloods have fast healing 1, restore 1 point of ability damage per minute and 1 point of drained ability per hour, and have a +6 bonus on all Fortitude saves. They can regrow lost organs and body parts, however losing a critical organ (such as the heart/head) instantly kills them.
- Resilience: Transcendent blue bloods have Damage Reduction 10/magic, and resistance 10 to acid, cold, fire and electricity. Also, they are undisturbed by extreme temperatures.
- Adhesion: Transcendent blue bloods can cling to and walk on surfaces at any angle, even in ways that defy normal gravity, without making a Climb check.
- Immortality: Transcendent blue bloods do not age beyond their prime (about 25 years of age), possess unlimited lifespan, and no longer require oxygen (hence do not need to breathe and are immune to inhaling toxins). However, they still require sustenance.
LA: +1 if younger than 18 years. +4 if transcendent.
Blue bloods rarely survive up to maturity; their vampiric heritage eventually becomes toxic to them, causing them to die in their eighteenth birthday. Only the toughest of them can survive it without a magical aid.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
Blue Blood Lore
Characters with ranks in Knowledge (arcana) can research the blue bloods to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
|5||Blue bloods are humans with vampiric heritage. They are also immune to the vampiric ability to affect other's mind.|
|10||While it is unclear why exactly, blue bloods' blood is healing vampires who digest it.|
|15||For an unknown reason, blue bloods cannot survive past their eighteenth birthday.|
|20||There are rumors about blue bloods that did survived past their eighteenth birthday, and gained powerful vampire-like abilities.|