Blood-Haired Dwarves (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Blood-Hairs tend to be highly aggressive in battle.
Blood-Hairs, look like the standard dwarf with the main difference being that Blood-Hairs tend to be more muscular and as their name implies have red hair. Due to their aggressive nature most blood-hairs will have some battle scars.
Blood-Hairs have very little interactions with other races they prefer to trade and sell to other dwarves. they have a deep mistrust that goes back many centuries.
Blood-Haired Dwarves usually worship Jestus as such they tend to be considered Good-aligned as defined in the world of Vermadad. While they do tend to be lawful as well, those that reject Jestus are relatively more likely to be neutral or chaotic aligned.
Blood-Haired Dwarves own no lands but act as the protectors of Ordina.
Blood-Hairs tend to worship Jestus.
Blood-Haired Dwarves are generally only taught Dwarven, however those that adventure might pick up common, out of necessity.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 WIsdom, -2 Charisma: Blood-hairs are strong and hardy but impulsive and off-putting.
- Humanoid (Dwarf).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, blood-haired dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Blood-Hair dwarves base land speed base land speed is 20 feet. However Blood-Haired dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations.)
- Darkvision: Blood-Hair dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and blood-hair dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
- Stonecunning: This ability grants a Blood-Hair dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn't stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A blood-hair dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a blood-hair dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A blood-hair dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
- Weapon Familiarity: Blood-Hair dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Stability: A Blood-hair dwarf gains +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against creatures with the orc subtype
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type.
- Uneducated: Blood-haired dwarves are considered illiterate unless they take a level in one of the following classes: Aristocrat, Wizard, Wu-Jen, Archivist, or spend 1 skill point to grant literacy. They also have a -1 racial penalty to all knowledge checks.
- Automatic Languages: Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Common, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc.
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|125 years||188 years||250 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 9"||+2d4||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||3' 7"||+2d4||120 lb.||× (2d7) lb.|