Blackheart (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Blackhearts were once a proud and noble empire of humans that were eternally damned due to a faustian bargain that was forced upon them. They were offered as the bargaining ship of their enemy to a powerful archdevil in pursuit of power and the opportunity to destroy their enemy. As the city was being besieged the once proud kindom of men requested aid from all neighboring kingdoms, villages, even barbarian war tribes, none came to their aid. As the final days of the once proud nation the king looked to the outskirts of his castle and saw the kingdoms he had sent aid to... watching, laughing, mocking. Since then these people have excepted their damnation and are returning..... to make the descendants of man pay for their betrayal.
Blackhearts are vicious, dangerous, and the most vile beings to walk this earth. They're goal is to make every last creature on this planet bow down to them, and then they'll crush you under their foot. Male Blackhearts are only focused on dominance
Blackhearts appear as Large, Muscular Humans with Faded-Red Skin, and Black Veins. They tend to have exaggerated features and tend to look devilish to other creatures. Their most notable feature is in the center of their chest is a large protruding black heart, covered by an overlap of thick flayed skin. Male Blackhearts tend to be more monstrous in appearance. Female Blackhearts even though still physically imposing, they appear almost like an amazonian crossed with a succubus.
The Black-Heart race only seek superiority, and will only have relations with those who also seek superiority. They mainly side with Devils, but will be deemed as lesser than them unless the Blackhearts prove to be stronger.
They live in lands that are ran by humans, but only seek to destroy humans.
They worship all deity's of War, Death, and Destruction and the blood god Khorne
Blackhearts have no names. They are born marked with an insignia on their Right Arm until they come of age then they are given a title. The acceptance of the title causes their birth insignia to dissipate. They have such titles as: The Dashade, Black Hand, and Nightreaver; typically related to night, darkness, blood, etc. This title is given to them based on a significant action they may have done or one that a superior Blackheart has given them. Giving a Blackheart a title it is showing superiority. If they accept it they are blood bound to serve the one who gave them the name. They may only refuse the name by killing the title giver. If unable to refuse they are stuck with it forever. They must be able to understand you are giving them a title. If you give them a title in a language the receiver doesn't know, it will not work. They also must be able to hear you give them said title.
- +4 Str, +3 Con, +4 Dex, −6 Int: They are powerful, and destructive, but their hatred for humanity and their twisted visage makes them very ignorant.
- Humanoid (Outsider): They are a fusion of fiends and humans. Their body is human their blood is that of devils.
- Large: Blackheart's size delegate −1 to armor class and attack rolls, +4 special attack modifier, −4 to hide checks, take up 10 ft. of space, have 10 ft. of Tall reach and 5 ft. Long reach, with ×2 to their carrying capacity.
- Racial Hit Dice: Blackhearts start with two levels of Outsider, granting them 2d8 HD, a base attack bonus of +2, and saving throws of Fortitude +2, Reflex +2, and Will +2
- Racial Skills: A Blackheart's outsider levels give it skill points equal to 2 x (8 + Int modifier, minimum 1; x4 for first level). Its class skills are Climb, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Search, and Spot.
- +3 Natural Armor
- Dark-Vision 60 feet
- Blackheart base land speed is 45 feet.
- Black Blood(Su): The Blackhearts most notable feature is their black blood. It can be hardened to the durability of adamantine upon contact with oxygen, and is quite thick. For every 10 HP you are missing from weapon damage, you gain Damage Reduction 5/Adamantine.
- Black Blood Retaliation(Su): The Blackheart's other fascinating feature is that when their blood solidifies it has a tendency to solidify in outward spikes often impaling allies. Whenever an enemy deals damage to you all creatures adjacent to you make a Reflex save (DC 10). Those that fail the save take 1d8 + Con modifier piercing damage.
- Heart of Darkness (Su): The Blackhearts most powerful trait is that they can channel their raw life force into a destructive onslaught of energy. The Blackheart may chose to expend all of his Current HP to create a blast that deals 2d8 + HP spent + Constitution Modifier of Negative Energy Damage. Diameter of attack is equal to the amount of health expended rounded up or down to the nearest increment of 5 ft.
- Spirit of Vengeance: Racial feat. The Blackhearts have created a hatred that has been fueled by generations of fury, and bloodshed, past down through the ages. Whenever a hostile creature deals damage to you, your next melee attack against that same opponent gets a +1 morale bonus to hit and damage rolls. Once you receive this bonus to an attack, the foe must wound you again for you to gain the bonus again. If a foe wounds you multiple times before you attack them the effect stacks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Abyssal. Bonus Languages: Infernal, Ignan, Celestial.
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|180 years||300 years||900 years||+600 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8' 2"||+2d12||170 lb.||× (2d10) lb.|
|Female||7' 10"||+2d12||150 lb.||× (2d10) lb.|