Ben-Abbas (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Ben-Abbas are a tribal race; the tribes are small, only about six to ten families or around twenty Ben-Abba, so they feel a great loyalty to their tribe. The Ben-Abba have two different types of marriage. The first is a marriage of love were the couple stays together for love only and ether one can end the marriage at any time. The second type of is arranged marriage were the couple’s parents agree to their children married when they are old enough to be wed. A male may have many wives.
They feel a deep spiritual contection to the swamp and have come to understand the swamp. They feel a hate for any one who harms their swamp.
The Ben-Abbas are humanoids with a thin bony chest, tan skin, long arms with a clawed four-fingered hand. They have silted pupils in a yellow iris with the rest of the eye black. Their hair comes in a variety of colors from red to grey to white to black. They also have large fox-like tails that are the same color as their hair. Many Ben-Abbas sport tattoos and other tribal decorations.
The Ben-Abba, due to the fact that they often live in dangerous marshes, they rarely see other races. This has lead to the Ben-Abbas to be suspicious of other being intruding on their lands. Also due to their isolation they have very little ties to the other races of the world, and so leads them to be very forced on their their tribe and not to think of the rest of the world and even there race that are in far off lands.
The Ben-Abbas dwell in the swamps and marshlands of the world. They tend to live in more tropical areas, but there are many tribes that live in temperate climates. They build their huts on stilts to protect them from the raising water of the marshlands.
The Ben-Abbas do not have one god that all Ben-Abbas worship, but a singal tribe will pay homage to several gods (or some times demons). These gods are gods of nature, or gods of destruction. What gods they worship depends on what aliment the tribe is.
The Ben-Abba are an anceint race, and many of their names mean some thing. A Ben-Abba has three names, the first name is the name given to it at birth. THe second name is the name of its tribe. The third name is the name given to them by the druid when they come of age.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence: The Ben-Abbas are very quick on their feet, but lack the education of the civilized races.
- Ben Abba base land speed is 30 feet:
- Low-light vision (Ex)
- Swamp-walk (Sp): Ben-Abba move on swampy-like terran normally.
- +2 racial bonus on swim checks : Ben-Abba live their whole lives in or around water.
- +2 Racial bonus on Craft(trapmaking) Checks: The Ben-Abba use traps for food and defence.
- Low-Light vision
- +2 Racial bonus on Listen Checks
- Automatic Languages: Abban, Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Infernal, Orc, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Rogue (Scout if you are using Complete Adventurer).
- Level Adjustment: +0