Balgrifs (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A very happy go lucky and outgoing race. Balgrifs can range from being timid and quiet to ill tempered and loud. Balgrifs are the offspring of any race and a reptilian creature.
Balgrifs also have the fortunate (or unfortunate) case to take visual traits from both parents. This meaning a usual Balgrif would have a tail, scales on the cheeks and sides of torso, tops of arms and legs. Balgrif eyes can be human or reptilian ranging from an entire spectrum of colors. They tend to color their hair if not leave it a natural brown or black.
Balgrifs as a people get along with most races willing to accept them. They despise individuals who refuse to accept them because of their race.
Balgrif's tend to be on the entire spectrum of alignments, though a true neutral Balgrif is rare.
This species being half reptilian prefer warm and humid areas rather than cold ones. Preferred biomes consisted of swamps and marshlands.They also take to deserts and other hot environments.
All Balgrifs choose religion based on family tradition or upon the area they live in. Some adapt a religion on their own or from whom they are raised around.
Balgrifs automatically know Draconic and Common plus whatever language their parents speak.
Like religion, names are based on family traditions or the child my name themself.
- +2 Constitution + 2 strength -2 Intelligence -1 Charisma
Due to the scales on their body Balgrifs are resilient and tough, making some reckless and dumb lucked. Being half reptile makes them somewhat primal, causing impulsiveness and impatient tendencies. Proficient with exotic weapons(1)
- Cold blooded Since they are reptilian they take a +4 to cold damage
- Humanoid (Reptilian):
- Base land speed:40
- Reptile Halves:
- Dragon minor: Since not full dragon blood and taking mostly human traits (as minor) you can now blow a three by three area of smoke.
- Dragon major:Being mostly half dragon you can breath fire either in a cone for a 5x3 area of damage for 1d3 on each enemy hit or a 10 foot stream for 1d6 on impact
- Frog:Being half a jumpy and rather sticky frog you get a +2 to jump and climb.
- Gecko:As half of a jittery and playful gecko you get a +2 to perform and can regenerate your tail (in a week)as well as being able to stare for large amounts of time as long as you keep your eyes moist granting a +2 to spot checks.
- Turtle:As a cautious and slow turtle you may receive a +2 to AC at the cost of 15 base land speed. You also gain a natural weapon of bite dealing 1d3 damage
- Snake: As a slippery and sneaky one you get a +2 to bluff and a poison bite that deals 1d3 damage and 1d2 for 1d6 rounds.
- Automatic Languages:Human, Draconic Bonus Languages:Parents native tongue
- Natural weapon :Balgrifs have a fully prehensile tail which can be used as a natural weapon dealing 1d4 unarmed damage and a -3 penalty to armed attack rolls
- Natural weapon : Retractable claws 1d3 damage
- Low-Light vision: Up to 45 ft
- Balgrifs are also proficient in all sword types due to their tendincies for rough and tumble play including sword play.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Ranger
- Level Adjustment:+0
Balgrifs have a tendency to leave home early than other species' at a young age to start to seek out whatever they may please, be it riches, revenge, or anything in between. They are quite fool hardy and determined
|211 years||354 years||478 years||+600 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 11"||+1d10||180 lb.||2 1d10 lb.|
|Female||5' 7"||+1d6||98 lb.||3 1d4 lb.|