Asura (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The asura are an intelligent and clever race and they will take any and all chances to display their intellectual superiority.. A typical asura has a (messy) lab in which he does the most dangerous experiments, in which he will often experiment on other races as humans in exchange for gold or rare items. An asura can create a golem to walk and fight alongside him/her, and can even use the golem as armor. Typical asura gatherings go like this: Bring three asura together and you'll get four different opinions.
Asura stand around 3 feet 4 tall average, with a maximum of 5 feet tall. Asura weigh around 40 - 80 lb. Asura usually have a tan skin, very big ears, sharp teeth and big eyes with which they can see in the dark.
The asura believe that they are superior to all other races, but feel that they need the other races to conduct their experiments on. They work perfectly along sides other humanoid races, but with another asura things can heat up quickly in fierce discussions. Caution should be taken when more than one asura is present in the party, because their arguments may cause them to loose focus on the main goal.
Asura are often mistaken to be selfish and chaotic, but in actuality they can be of any alignment, even though their cocky nature easily colors them as Neutral Evil.
Asura originate from subterranean territory, but due to numerous problems they fled to the surface. Over the course of about 250 years they've established their main urban centers in dense coastal jungles. Despite this they can still cope with harsh conditions if properly prepared for it.
Asura believe in the Eternal Alchemy, of which magic is one of the tools. Every asura is considered a gear in the machine of the Eternal Alchemy and it is believed that upon death their essence returns the equation of life.
The Asura have short names which usually end with a double consonant.
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, -2 Dexterity, -2 Strength: Asura are smart and prefer spellcasting above swordmanship, that what they have golems for.
- Monstrous Humanoid: Asura are not your typical dwarf-like or gnome-like race and can be quite a scare on first sight.
- Asura base land speed is 20 feet.
- Asura Golem: Asura may summon a golem from a summoning stone for a maximum of 3 days with 2 full actions. They can then use the golem as familiar or as a suit of armor in which case the asura's level is added to stats below and a special rule occurs as described below. The summoning stone takes a full 12 hours to recharge, this amount doubles should the golem have broken down.
- Darkvision: 30 feet: See perfectly in pitch black up to 30 feet.
- Snobby and Clever: All knowledge and cha based skills become class skills with a +1.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Asura.
- Favored Class: any spellcaster.
- Level Adjustment: +1
The Asura Golem
The asura golem is made of either stone or iron, this choice must be made at character creation and is permanent. The golems stats are as following, please note that the +player-level only gets added when the player is in the golem with exception of the hitpoint amount.
- d10 hitpoints per character level + constitution bonus
- AC 20 +player-level (includes size modifier)
- Str 16 (3)
- Dex 10 (0)
- Con 20 (5)
- Int, Wis, Cha are N/A due to the fact that it's an object controlled by the player.
- Speed 30 ft
- Size: Large
- Attack: Slam (1d8+3 blunt crit x2. 1+3(strength) + player level)
- Note that any NON-Martial class, may choose to use spells instead of the golems slam attack whilst using the golem as suit.
- Iron Golems initially gain +2 on attack and damage rolls
- Stone Golems initially gain +2 on AC and hitpoints