Asura, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Asura's were once warriors who, even if they meant well, did something terrible. They are now reincarnated as wrathful, angry,beings who live for battle. They may not be trained warriors, but their battle instincts are second to none. They do have a tendency to immerse themselves to much in fighting and might even lash out at allies. Asura's have no self preservation instincts making them very scary foes.
Males are extremely muscular with tribal markings. Women are very beautiful but are equally barbaric acting as males.
They don't get along with anyone unless they're bested by them in the battlefield.
Generally chaotic, but could be another alignment if they have a lot of willpower to quell their fighting instincts.
Asura's hate gods, deities, and demi-gods. If a asura sees one it may fly into an uncontrollable rage and stop at nothing to kill it. But usually common sense stops asura from acting too unconsciously.
Asura's usually talk with their fists, but can also speak common.
Usually Buddhist or Hindu names.
- +6 Strength, +6 Constitution, +6 Dexterity, -12 Intelligence, -6 Charisma (This cannot bring Intelligence below 3 ) Asuras are made for combat, but many of them may not be able to read or write.
- Medium: As a medium creature, Asuras gain no size related bonuses.
- Asuras base land speed is 40 feet.
- Asuras reduce heat (fire) damage and fall (impact) by 10.
- Asuras get +5 and is immune to mind effecting spells,abilities,any Form of Psychic damage and critical
- Asuras get tumble as a class skill even if they would not normally learn it.
- Characters making a diplomacy check against Asuras get a -10.
- Ki Pool (Su): Asuras can use a mystical energy called ki to preform extraordinary feats. the Asura starts with character level + wisdom modifier +5 ki points, with there being no maximum on the number of ki points that can be stored. Every 2 days he gets 5+ wisdom modifier ki points. Unused ki points for that day will roll over. If a class would give you a ki pool use this method of calculating ki instead, but do not half that classes level when getting your 1/2 character level. By using 1 ki point a Asura can: make a ki strike, which is an unarmed attack counted as magic and adamantine weapons for damage purposes; increase his base land speed by 20; or get a +4 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round. These actions are counted as swift actions.
- Ki Absorbtion (Su): If the Asura is attacked by a ki or a non-elemental energy based attack, he can make a constitution save. The DC is equal to the damage done, and if successful he can turns all the damage into ki, which is put into his ki pool. If the save is at least half then he can absorb half the damage.
- Rocket Jump (Ex): By spending 2 ki points a Asura can preform a rocket jump. This action takes a full round and requires the Asura to move 50 feet. The Asura charges forward and punches the ground and makes a strength check with anyone in range getting dealt 1d20. Depending how well he rolls determines how high the jump is, with the maximum being 5000 kilometers. This does not guarantee a safe landing however.
- True form (Su): When the Asura's rage hits a boiling point He can spend 200 ki points to grow four more arms. These last until the Asura wants them to disappear or they are broken off. The Asura gets a +4 to strength and +5 to grapple for each arm. If the Asura is attacked he can make a reflex check. If successful he can sacrifice an arm to take no damage.
- Berserker Form (Su): The Asura can no longer contain their wrath, so it consumes their entire body. By spending 600 ki points he turns into a rampaging beast attacking the nearest life form they can sense. There bodies are covered in rage flames which burn anyone in 5 feet of the Asura, dealing 1d8 damage; including damage to the Asura, and this damage cannot be reduced. The Asura also grows 4 arms the size of his body made of rage flames. These arms are counted as huge for unarmed damage purposes and do an addition 2d8 worth of un-reducible rage flame damage. The Asura gets a +7 to strength and +6 to grapple for each arm. The arms can also block up to 25 points of damage each and are unbreakable. This form goes on until he gets knocked unconscious or someone dispels the rage flames.
- One with the Ki (Su): The Asura fuses three of its arms into one ending up with two massive fists. It cost an initial 800 ki points to use this ability for the first time, 125 ki points for every time after the first. The Asura's arms count as gargantuan for the purpose of unarmed damage, gets +19 to strength each, +28 to grapple, and +3 to bull rush for each arm. They can block 40 damage with each arm, but they will only break if the arm takes 150 or more damage in a single blow. He also does not lose control in this form and can dispel it at will. If a Asura uses rocket jump in this form the maximum height is 384 million km.
- Deity of Rage (Su): An Asura who has accumulated 7,000,000 points of ki can transform into a planet sized cosmic diety with six massive arms. It gets +300 to strength for each arm and they are indestructible. This form can only be dispersed by the Asura's will or be dispelled by a very powerful deity.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Favored class: Any physical fighter
- Level Adjustment: +10
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||500 years||800 years||+2d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 10"||+1d6 inches||40 lb.||× 2d4 lb.|
|Female||5' 8"||+1d8 inches||20 lb.||× 1d6 lb.|