Astral Human, Silverling (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Astral Humans, Silverlings
Thousands ago, a powerful wizard researched the astral plane and mixed its eternal essence with some of the humans he experimented on. These few humans became the original members of a magical species that was officially named Astral Humans, but they are more commonly known as Silverlings, due to the fact their sclera looks silver in certain lights.
The wizard himself did not survived long after the silverlings' creation; he died after his last experiment turned out to be way too powerful for his magic to contain. However, the silverlings themselves succeeded to become an independent race, and still live in their own communities as well as among other races.
Similarly to ordinary humans, silverlings are generally neutral toward other people, and usually try to stay out of trouble.
The only physical difference between silverlings and ordinary humans is that a silverling's sclera looks silver in starlight and magical non fire-based lights.
Silverlings can effortlessly pose as ordinary humans, and commonly do so. They are usually friendly to other humanoid races.
Usually some kinds of good or neutral, but evil ones aren't inconceivable; silverlings have an innate tendency toward good, but this isn't absolute.
By their alignment.
Common, Arcane. However, they can speak in any language thanks to their tongues ability.
- +4 to all abilities: Silverlings are surpassing regular humans. In addition, whenever a silverling would gain a bonus point for an ability score obtained by gaining a level, such as those gained at 4th and 8th levels, they receive +4 points instead of the usual +2, and it can increase an ability scored above 20 but not above 26 with such feature.
- Medium Outsider (Native, Human): The eternal essence in their bodies made the silverlings outsiders, but they were originally earthly creatures, and they are still humans.
- Silverling base land speed is 60 feet.
- Heightened Senses: Silverlings have Blindsight out to 30 feet, Blindsense out to 120 feet, Scent within 30 feet, Darkvision out to 120 feet and Low-Light Vision(*4).
- Alter Appearance: Silverlings can change theirappearance to look like any humanoid or monstrous humanoid. They retain their own ability scores and features. They also can change the particular features of themselves and their clothes, including things like drying themselves after they got wet of fixing themselves clothes if they were burned. This is an actual change, not an illusion.
- Immortality: Thanks to the eternal essence that flood through their bodies and souls, silverlings are immortals and can't die from aging. In fact, they can't physically age beyond their physical prime, even through magic, although they can make themselves look older with their Alter Appearance ability.
- Enhanced Physiology: Silverlings have damage reduction 10/magic, resistance 5 to all elements and fast healing 1.
- Magical Essence: Silverlings have spell resistance 30 and every spell they can cast as either/any combination of/both quicken, rapid, silent and still spell, without using up a higher spell slot than the spell’s actual level.
- Tongues Ability: Silverlings can inherently speak and understand any language there is. However, it doesn't extend to written texts. This cannot be disabled by any mean.
- Spell-Like Abilities: At Will - Dimension Door, Fly, Major Creation (the creation doesn't disappear). Caster level is 10 + their HD. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Silverling automatically gain the following feats, even if they do not meet their prerequisites: Endurance, Eschew Materials, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes and Two-Weapon Fighting.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Arcane. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +8
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|300 years||800 years||2000 years||-|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|