Astral Elves (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This race came to be when a large group of elves, after having waged an arcane war across a few of the continents, was finally beaten and fended off. The survivors had fled through a new and experimental teleport spell and discovered the astral plane but could not find the correct spell to get back. After a few hundred years their immortal elven bodies attuned to the flow of magic and time in the plane and began being altered by it little by little over time. This continued on through a few millennia until a wizard in the material plane had managed to summon a demon and ask it of the other worlds and sold his soul to find out how to travel to them. He then taught the techniques abroad and soon after the other planes outside the elemental planes were discovered and the astral elves return to the material plane had started.
The normal day for an astral elf begins at coming out of their meditation to clear their thoughts. The then generally begin their magic practices and or training depending on what their job for society was. And from their they would study or teach others of their race in whatever they could of the arcane arts. Believing that magic had been directly what saved them and brought them here. And what allowed them to grow back to a proud and powerful race.
Most male Astral Elves stand 5'10 to 6'5 and generally weigh about 160lbs to 175lbs as a grown adult. females generally stand around 4'11 weighing around 130 to 5'7 weighing around 160 but can be seen outside of these sizes.
High Elves and astral elves tolerate each other due to the high and mighty behavior of the High Elves. being as the Astral Elves believe the worth of a being is decided by what they do with themselves.
Usually leaning toward neutral or good. but due to the years once again being spent around other races they have began developing a wide spectrum of behaviors.
More plains and river style areas. places that feel almost serene and still is where they tend to try to live and form communities because it reminds them of the Astral.
They tend to worship gods or goddesses of power or magic but have spread around in their beliefs to be seen in most beliefs.
Common, Ancient Elven, Asilan the language of the Astral Elves own making.
- +4 to intelligence, -4 to constitution, + 2 to wisdom: during their populations long period in the astral plane they mostly spent a long time thinking about and spreading their peoples knowledge and what they knew. they studied and learned as much as they could in their long lives and advanced their magics and people.
- Humanoid (Elven, Astral)
- medium: they do not receive any bonuses due to their size.
- Astral Elves base land speed is 30 feet:
- Elven blood(ex): immune to magic sleep effect, due to exposure to the massively slow flow of time in the astral they need only long rest meditate for 2 hours
- Dark vision, Lowlight vision: can see 3x as far as humans and retains the ability to distinguish color and detail in this condition, darkvision 120ft.
- Spell-like abilities: at will: Arcane sight
- Astral attunement(Ex): spells cast by the Astral elves are Quickened as the feat. If they were already quickened nothing happens.
- Arcane sage(Ex): add key spellcasting modifier+ spellcasters level to spell damage and spells attack roll if able to apply.
- Arcane vitality(Ex): use d8 for hit die rather than base class die. studying and meditating in magical energy and constantly working to further their magic capabilities they learned how to make their bodies able to take more damage by pushing magic power through their bodies.
- flight(Ex): flight speed 60ft great Maneuverability. due to the time they spent focusing magical power through their bodies spell casting Astral elves can usre the magic in their bodies to move themselves through the air as the flight spell.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Ancient elven, Asilan (language created for their own race). Bonus Languages: due to their adept ability to and willingness to spend large amounts of time studying to further their knowledge they have learned to be able to adapt and learn any none secret language commonly available if studied for a full week at a time.
- Favored Class: any magic related class
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|