Astartes (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
In general, stalwart and highly pious, Astartes have a deep sense of duty and righteousness. Their deeper character heavily depends on the geneseed residing in them, thus resulting in highly varied personality traits. They tend to be stoic on the battlefield but when among those they trust they tend to be friendly, even humorous.
They are the Adeptus Astartes, guardians of Holy Terra and all that man has ever seen or touched. They originate from a grim and dark time, which is taking place maybe even more than 40.000 years in the future. They came to the planes by a wormhole created by the malign forces of Chaos during a casual warp storm.
- Dark Angels: Highly secretive with much difficulty to accept and trust other people. They love hoodies, scarfs, robes and the colour green. Hostile to 99,999% of all non-humans, demi-humans or humanoids.
- White Scars: Easy "people" to hang with, very loud and friendly. They love bikes, steeds, scimitars, very long mustaches and the colour white. Hostile to 99,999% of all non-humans, demi-humans or humanoids.
- Space Wolves: Very loud, very low hygiene and they love you once you pet them. They love bones, beer, long hair, beards and metal. They fucking love metal. Hostile to 99,999% of all non-humans, demi-humans or humanoids.
- Imperial Fists: Daddy's favorite, they are very boring to be around. Bodyguard work comes as second nature to them. They love nothing but the Emprah and the colour yellow. Hostile to 99,999% of all non-humans, demi-humans or humanoids.
- Blood Angels: Mostly friendly, kinda psychotic, major daddy issues. They love flying, sparring, blood and going into crazy berzerking rages.Hostile to 99% of all non-humans, demi-humans or humanoids.
- Iron Hands: You can always expect a logical answer from these guys. They love cogs, iron hands, the colour black and flawed logic. Hostile to 99,99999999999% of all non-humans, demi-humans or humanoids.
- Ultramarines: The definition of by the book, these guys are ready to kill anything that sounds suspicious of not following orders to the letter. Hostile to 99,999% of all non-humans, demi-humans or humanoids. Oh yeah, they loooooove the colour blue.
- Salamanders: Loyal, caring and very fond of people, these guys make perfect leaders. They love not taking casualties, hot climates, fire and the colour green.Hostile to 99,999% of all non-humans, demi-humans or humanoids.
- Raven Guard: Silent types, they like to seat back and listen. They love hunting, hiding in the shadows and the colour black. Hostile to 99,999% of all non-humans, demi-humans or humanoids.
Space Marines are a genetically engineered super human kind of being. Easy to notice differences are their height, which easily reaches 7.5 feet, their bulky bods with extra muscles and their perfect looking physique. Internal differences are an extra heart (which can pump adrenaline for an extra boost and can completely replace the original in case of heart failure), an augmented mind which allows them to stay awake for extended periods of time (up to a week), extra chest and cranium bones as well as total lack of reproductive means. Their spit is poisonous to most living beings and can slowly melt through the hardest of metals, and it is also highly flammable. Their stomachs can digest almost anything and in case of poisoning, they can endure almost every poison known to man and are extremely resistant to all other poisons. An Astarte's smell and taste as well as hearing all reach hound levels, being able to track from extreme distances. Their facial and skin characteristics vary depending on their gene-seed's origin. Finally, their eyes can see better in dim-lighted conditions, with cases where even total darkness can't hide their prey.
Hostile to 99,999% of all non-humans, demi-humans or humanoids. Distrustful to 99% of humans. Astartes have struggled a lot in the past with internal fighting to not be untrustful. They will instantly attack any demon (except in extreme cases), they will preemptively feel hostile towards any elf looking xenos filth, instantly open fire vs anything that looks like an Ork and they will scream "Heresy" to the top of their lungs to anyone proclaiming his love to any false God, except the One True God, The Emperor Of Mankind. They respect combat prowess and reward it with their trust. Casters are a weird occasion, since they are familiar with sorcery but the moment they'll see anything spawning out of the immaterium, its sword to the face for them.
Lawful Neutral. Although Astartes might be known as space racists, they will still hate everyone out of principle and not out of hatred just for the sake of it. They will kill anything that is a mockery of the Emperor in mere seconds.
Each Space Marine's homeworld is completely different and thus their powers are shown elsewhere. Most of them prefer urban and highly populated areas where they know to conduct their art at the best of their abilities.
The Following Line of Text is Heresy.
||The Emperor of man is the one and only god that Astartes require.||
The Following Line of Text is The Truth.
||The Emperor of man is The One and Only True God.||
High Gothic. They can learn any language in a matter of weeks. As long as they hear a language being spoken for 3 hours a day, they can comprehend it in 3 days and speak it in 7.
Names are given to Astartes after the initiation of the chapter. Usual names come from ancient Greek, Roman, Byzantine or Nord.
- Greek: Demokles, Artamedes, Demosthenes...
- Roman: Arturius, Corbulo, Dante...
- Byzantine: Konstantine, Legatus, Justinus...
- Nord: Ragnar, Bjorn, Mjoln...
- Ability Scores: +3 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma. Their enormous physique proves to be resilient to damage and enhances their strength beyond that of the strongest humans, while complementing their speed by sheer power. In the meantime, their advanced brains in correspondence to them being from an alternate "future" plain, makes them capable of understanding almost all technology, all the while their reflexes after years of warfare have reached the apex of humanity. Unfortunately the extreme racism towards everything makes them incapable of swaying anyone with words.
- Humanoid: You can't really say they are humans, since their genes have been modified.
- Large: Attack/A.C. Mod: -1; Bull Rush, Grapple, Overrun, Trip +4; Hide Mod -4; Space 10 feet; Reach: Tall 10 feet, Long 5 feet; Carrying Capacity x2/x3
- Astarte's base land speed is 35 feet: it does not suffer from wearing Medium or Heavy Armor.
- Low-Light Vision: A creature with low-light vision can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of shadowy illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions. A spellcaster with low-light vision can read a scroll as long as even the tiniest candle flame is next to her as a source of light.
- Toxic Glands: Once per day. The Astartes focuses in order to produce toxic saliva that can burn through almost any metal. The save DC is Constitution-based.
- Automatic Languages: High Gothic. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Barbarian.
|45 years||50 years||100 years||200 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500 years||1000 years||1500 years||immortal|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|