Archanians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
[[File:Media:Example.jpgInsert non-formatted text here]]== Archanians ==
This malevolent race has been the subject of cultural study for decades. The Archanians share the same love for music and driving purpose while still being exceptionally diverse. Though often mistaken for a breed of Elf, one can't be blamed too much for thinking so. Their physique and mannerisms give the impression of a humbled elven race after their home, Archaia, was overrun by Demons. Archanians didn't know warfare until this invasion. If a horde of angels hadn't have intervened, the prominant race would have been eliminated. Their lands were far from saving, so the angels led them away to distant areas where they could learn to defend themselves in peace while adjusting with their new reality. Several settlements sprung up around forests, meadows, and places of natural tranquility, but never more than a day's walk from another two Archanian homesteads. Due to their history rewriting, these non-elves have grown wary of other races, but their Celestial guardians taught them how to detect malice. This proves invaluable when the natural wanderlust strikes.
Archanians tend to keep their calm in most situations, however, their mood can change as quickly as the weather. They aren't easily offended, though, if you succeed, you shouldn't really boast about it. In fact, you may not even live long enough to do so. They are fun to be around when happy, though, and make great friends and allies. They are also fun to have at parties and will make you strain your brain if you challenge them to a game of riddles. When an Archanian isn't being frivolous, they tend to seclude themselves from others. Their mindset is different than most races, and they sometimes enjoy their own company over others. You can tell if an Archanian is up to party or wants to be left alone by how they're dressed. When not wanting to take part in any merriment, they tend to hide their face in some way, usually with a hood that casts their face into shadow. Archanians also have a deep (possibly even addictive) love of music, and often carry around musical instruments to soothe these cravings.
Archanians are a beautiful race. They have enchanting features surpassing most other races such as Elves. They also have large wings, in most any color, varying between as 12 and 20 foot wingspans. They have eyes unlike any other race. Their irises are always the color of a gemstone that corresponds to the time of year they were born in. The pupils are white while the whites of their eyes are black, creating a fascinating, eerie, and beautiful contrast. Their hair is extremely similar to humans, being blonde, black or brown haired and wearing it in many styles. However, in the Raven bloodline, every now and then one is born with snow white hair. Archanians tend to be lanky, but can be brawny, and are always tall. Their ears are pointed and long (about 4-5 inches, pointed toward the top-back of their head) and their canines are just slightly longer than a Human's. Also, you'll rarely ever find a blemish, scar, or missing body part due to the fact that Archanians have an incredible healing factor that will heal all but the most fatal wounds. Despite this, they're naturally frail. They are, however, hindered by their wings size and they sometimes get in the way, and thus they aren't good as assassins, rogues, or any class that focuses on stealth and agility.
Archanians can form ties with any race, however they are more inclined towards races that have found balance between nature and industry, such as Elves, Dwarves, Humans, and the like. It doesn't harm to be a good musician, as well. They also enjoy having games of riddles with friendly dragons.
Archanians can be any alignment other than Chaotic Evil and True Neutral. They always serve some purpose, be it protecting the innocent, doing the bidding of their deity, or hunting down items of power to document and/or claim/destroy, however, they never mindlessly kill for nor reason.
Though not their original homeland, Archanians feel comfortable in forests, small towns, and meadows. Their original homeland was long ago destroyed, and thus they have nowhere to truly call home.
Archanians can worship any god(s) they wish, though they have seven Gods special to them called The Seven Deities of Archania. Four of whom exist in their ancient history, the fifth, sixth and seven are of their race whom obtained godhood. All seven of them wander the world in disguise and living out many lives, preferring the mortal plane over the godly one.
Archanians speak Common and Celestial as their new society was partially raised by archons. They may learn more languages like any race.
Archanians are given a name at birth, but get a new name on their 357th birthday, during their coming of age ceremony.
Male: Lahgras, Bjorsk, Halvir.
Female: Youri, Shahvela, Faarin.
- +2 Cha, +2 Int, -1 Str, -4 Dex
- +3 Perform
- +2 Reflex and +2 [Will]]
- Archanian HD give them skill points equal to (2 +Int modifier, minimum 1; x4 first level)
- Monstrous Humanoid (Archanian)
- Medium: As Medium humanoids, Archanians have no special bonuses or penalties.
- Archanian base land speed is 35 feet. Base Fly (Ex) speed is 70 feet and is of good maneuverability.
- Regeneration (Ex): Archanians regenerate 2 hit point of nonlethal damage every turn. If a body part is cut off or otherwise removed, you may use your move action to pick up and reattach their missing part. If you don't reattach the removed piece, it will grow back after 8 hours. Severed parts that are not reattached wither and die normally. Attack forms that don’t deal hit point damage ignore regeneration. Regeneration also does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation.
- Detect Evil: Archanians can naturally cast this spell at will, though they cannot maintain it for 3 rounds or detect overwhelming targets.
- Flight (Ex): Using their wings, Archanians can cease or resume flight as a free action. They do not take fall or tumble damage.
- Aural Sensitivity: Whenever hit with a sonic attack, Archanians take an extra 1d6 of damage. They also take a -2 penalty on DC when being hit with a deafening attack.
- Music Lover: You absolutely love to listen to music. You take a -4 penalty to saving throws against special attacks that are described as using song or music (such as a harpy's captivating song). In addition, if you go for a whole day without hearing song or music being performed by someone with at least 1 rank in perform, you are shaken until you hear such an artist.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Celestial. Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Sorcerer, Psychic Warrior.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|742 years||1246 years||1687 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 6"||+1d20||128 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||6' 1"||+1d20||117 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|