Arcane Guardian (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Arcane Guardians are fighters that use the magics of the arcane to increase both their offensive and defensive capabilities. Even to the point of creating an invincible shield or an army of enchanted blades surrounding their allies.
|Chris H., https://tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/11/topic_id/7015|
Starting at 3rd level, you gain one of the following benefits:
- You gain an arcane shield that can be summoned at will using a bonus action giving you a +1 to AC, and can be dismissed anytime without using an action. While wielding this shield you can still use the hand it’s equipped on. You may only have one of these shields summoned at a time.
- You can use your bonus action to make one weapon you are holding take on the properties of a magical weapon for ignoring resistances. Also you may use your Intelligence modifier for your attack and damage rolls instead.
- You can use your bonus action to conjure a dagger in your free hand. This dagger counts as a magical weapon for bypassing resistances and immunities. This dagger allows you to make an off-hand attack while dual wielding even if the other weapon you are holding isn't light. If you make a thrown attack with this dagger you may recall it using the same action or as a bonus action on a later turn, instantly summoning in your grasp.
Each of these abilities lasts for 1 minute and you may use it a number of times equal to your Intelligence modifier before you must complete a short or long rest.
Starting at 7th level, you gain proficiency in the Arcana skill, or expertise if you are already proficient. Also, you can cast the spells Detect Magic or Identify a number of times equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of 1) per day without material components or the use of a spell slot. You regain all uses after you finish a long rest. Starting at 18th level the number of times you can cast Detect Magic or Identify doubles.
Starting at 10th level, you can cast the spell Shield, Magic Missile, or Mage Armor a number of times equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of 1) times per day without material components or the use of a spell slot. If you choose Mage Armor, or Shield then the spell gains a range of 10 ft and can be cast on someone other than yourself, the range increases by 10 feet at 12th level (20 feet), and 18th level (30 feet). You regain all uses after you finish a long rest. The spell level at which Magic Missile is cast is increased to 2nd level once you reach 12th level as a Fighter and to 3rd level at 18th level as a Fighter.
Improved Arcane Armory
Starting at 15th level, your arcane armory option gains one of the following, or you may instead take a second option from the Arcane Armory feature, both of which may be activated at the same time using an action.
- If your Arcane Armory feature is a weapon: all attacks you make with the weapon that hit deal an additional 1d6 damage of one of the following while it is active, chosen when it is active: force, fire, cold, lighting, thunder.
- If your Arcane Armory feature is the shield, then you gain resistance to one of the following while it is active, chosen when summoned: force, fire, cold, lighting, thunder.
You may change the type on your turn using a bonus action.
Starting at 18th level you can cast the spell Wall of Force, or Animate Objects once a day without material components or the use of a spell slot. You regain this use after you finish a short or long rest. If you choose to cast Animate Objects, you do not have to have preexisting objects and may summon your own, taking on the form of weapons or vague shapes of creatures of the sizes you choose.