Animus Dolls (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Despite being reduced to nothing but a doll they try their best to uphold their daily lives. Despite often having to be disguised as a living creature. They attempt to mimic the visage and behaviors of being alive. Or more often remain hidden away in a stache of objects. Waiting for someone to come and find them. Their lives are wracked with loss and hunger for those who are still alive. It is not the hunger to devour flesh, but the desire to take the flesh from the being. They often forget that they are no longer members of the living.
They appear to be grey, or porcelain dolls. The size of children at that. The Animus doll maintains some vague visage and behavior of a living organism. The body melds and softens in places to allow the movement of joints and body parts to simulate life. In truth it's all Faux. The dolls often are reduced to a grey body with glowing glass like eyes. a sign of the ghostly power driving the doll. Some of the dolls are made of cloth, with strong stitches holding them together (there is a minor difference in abilities that will be listed bellow). Despite being somewhat animated cracks still often form in the dolls porcelain, the most common is along the side of the lips, giving a Glasgow smile appearance to the doll. More often then not the doll reflects and behaves almost as if alive. Although most biological functions are lost to the doll. Ethereal blue energy will leak from damaged area on the doll, ghostly energy. The essence pouring from the doll never strays too far though, as it is usually absorbed back in as the damage fixes and works it's self closed. Due to the make of the dolls they can move freely underwater, but while submerged the spirit of the doll continues to receive the dreadful sensations of drowning. The spirit's size compressed into the small dolls often give the spirit full sensation and domain over the dolls being. The dolls cannot become a psionic class, or have psionic feats. The dull, to the disappointment of it's host, does not grow old, or grow at all. The often yarn like hair, only is repaired to it's original status, which often is annoying if one wishes to have a different hairstyle fifty thousand years later. The lack of internal organs doesn't mean the dolls are hollow. They often are filled with ghostly energy compressed to a solid form. There is no real way to biologically kill the doll, since the spirit is the animating force, Bound into the doll. But they all seem to poses a haunting beauty no matter the apparent gender of the doll and spirit.
Are usually Souls, spirits, and ghosts of other races. As per which the doll that was origionally apart of the other race will feel more drawn to that other race.
they tend to be neutral, but the more heavily troubled fall into evil habits, or behave evily to claim flesh that wasn't theirs.
- +2 Wisdom, −4 strength, −4 Constitution: The dolls spirit is all the wiser, heightened by the brush with full unlife, while the dolls themselves are often weaker, and despite being constructs have a constitution score, the reason for this is the spirit is trying to simulate life. To become a doll, one has to already posses a strong will.
- Construct, Possessed: due to being designed to be possessed, or rather reshaped by force of will.
- Size: Small
- Animus Doll base land speed is 20 feet: levitation 30 ft
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
- Is immune to Mind-affecting effects.
- Is subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
- Low Light vision
- Haunting Beauty (Su): May substitute wisdom for charisma bonus.
- Will Made Manifest (Su): Instead of healing, the doll must take a wisdom check to repair it's self. D10 + wisdom bonus for amount of damage repaired. Can be repaired from the smallest scraps of the doll.
- Doll Possession (Su): In an opposing will check the doll can poses a living being, unless the target is willing. To win in a possession battle opossing wisdom check's must be made with the wisdom bonus added to the d20 roll, highest opposing wins. A host may attempt to regain control once every day, a 5 foot radius is the range of the dolls possession. If the doll is dropped or damaged, another will battle can be taken. The host cannot be forced to commit suicide on purpose, for the instinct not to harm ones own body is still present in the mind of the host and dolls mind, it's their new body after all!
- Ghostly Levitation Spell-Like Ability: Rolling a wisdom check, may allow it's self to levitate off the ground, 1 foot per wisdom bonus, the check must be taken at the end of each turn while the levitation is active, but it is considered a free action.
- Automatic Languages: Common Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnomish, Undercommon, Abyssal, Celestial,
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 0"||30 lb.|
|Female||2' 0"||29 lb.|