Anime Girl (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
-Sung to the tune of the "Rita and Runt" theme song from "Animaniacs":
She's plucky, she's lucky, she's all around cute
Her presence in a battle makes normal physics moot
Her Megaton Punch'll knock you out of this world,
She's an Anime Girl!
Making an Anime Girl
Thanks to the introduction of Japanese animation onto our shores, the role of females in adventure scenarios has been challenged. No longer is she a glamorous damsel in distress to be rescued, but is she now just comic relief? Will she be the over-emotional wet noodle or the tough Sarah Connor type with the rock-hard boobs? No need for that, because an anime girl can be whatever she wants to be. That can be an asset to the party.
An anime girl may not seem to be the most desirable adventuring companion, seeing as she's "just a girl". Not so: anime girls are magnets for trouble in the form of monsters and plot hooks. Depending on the anime girl path chosen, she may be active or passive during combat. If you survive your adventure with an anime girl regardless, you'll likely be swimming in loot and experience points... and you'll have made a new friend. What's not to like?
Abilities: Charisma is an anime girl's chief attribute, due to her being cute and full of life. her charisma score also powers some of her abilities in her class paths, and replaces her Dexterity and Constitution for extra hit points and bonuses to Armor Class.
Races: Only female characters may become anime girls – for obvious reasons. Humanoid races that suffer Charisma penalties are discouraged but not denied this class. Their charisma penalties are doubled for taking said class and any charisma rolls can never be retried.
Starting Gold: 3d10×10 gp.
Starting Age: Simple
|1st||+1||+0||+2||+2||Cosplay Henshin, brightly-colored hair, poisonous cooking, wouldn't hit a girl|
|3rd||+3||+1||+3||+3||Distracted by the Skin|
|4th||+4||+1||+4||+4||Cosplay Bonus I|
|5th||+5||+1||+4||+4||Charming, Tentacle Susceptibility|
|8th||+8/+3||+2||+6||+6||Cosplay Bonus II|
|12th||+12/+7/+2||+4||+8||+8||Cosplay Bonus III|
|16th||+16/+11/+6/+1||+5||+10||+10||Cosplay Bonus IV|
|20th||+20/+15/+10/+5||+6||+12||+12||Cosplay Bonus V|
Class Skills 4 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the anime girl.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Anime girls are proficient with simple weapons and whatever weapons their class path allows. Anime girls are proficient with light armor and whatever armors their class path allows.
Brightly-Colored Hair (Ex): Anime girls stand out in a crowd, due to their hair color. It may not match a natural level of brightness, a natural hair color, or both. This grants an anime girl a +2 bonus to Charisma.
Cosplay Henshin (Su): Anime girls can be whatever they want to be. Magician, spy, amazonian princess--you name it, she can do it through the power of costume play, also known as "cosplay". The anime girl must choose between a warrior-type, a magic-using type or a catgirl (you knew it was coming). Once chosen, the anime girl cannot change into another type. She can transform into this form a number of times per day equal to 3 + Charisma modifier. This ability lasts 2 hours, granting a competence bonus equal to 1/2 the anime girl's class level to Bluff and Disguise (rounded down). Each form has different benefits, as listed below:
- Warrior-Type Cosplay: In addition to her base proficiencies, an anime girl using warrior-type cosplay gains proficiency with any martial weapons and one exotic weapon that go best with her costume and proficiency with medium and heavy armor and Shields. Anime girls using warrior-type cosplay gain a skill bonus to Intimidate, Bluff and Diplomacy equal to 1/2 her anime girl level. Their hit die is also increased to a d10.
- Magic-Type Cosplay: In addition to her base proficiencies and abilities, an anime girl using magic-type cosplay gains a skill bonus to Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes) and Spellcraft equal to 1/2 her anime girl level. The anime girl knows a number of spells and has a caster level equal to 1/2 her class level (rounded up, minimum 1). She cannot cast a spell whose spell level is greater than her caster level. She may choose what type of spells she knows(arcane or divine) and which spells she knows. Once chosen, she cannot access spells from the other type until Cosplay Bonus II. She may cast a spell a number of times equal to 3 + Charisma modifier. She need not prepare her spells in advance. However, their hit die is decreased to a d4.
- Catgirl-Type Cosplay: In addition to her base proficiencies, an anime girl using catgirl-type cosplay gains evasion and a skill bonus to Hide, Balance, Move Silently, Listen, and Spot equal to 1/2 her anime girl level (rounded down). She also gains proficiency with the short sword, the whip and the shuriken.
Poisonous Cooking (Ex): Anime girls may be cute, but their cooking needs work. If ever an anime girl needs to make a Profession (cook) check, she automatically takes a -4 penalty. If the dice roll is less than 5, the food can be used as a poison with similar statistics to arsenic (primary damage 1 Con, secondary damage 1d8 Con). The Ingestion DC of the poison is equal to 10 + 1/2 anime girl's class level. An anime girl cannot be poisoned by her own cooking; she has immunity due to tasting as she cooked.
Wouldn't Hit a Girl (Su): Anime girls can depend on their natural cuteness to deflect potential harm. She can roll a d20 and add her Charisma modifier with a bonus equal to her anime girl level. The result is the DC for the enemy's Will save. If the creature fails, he cannot attack the anime girl for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + anime girl's Charisma modifier. If it succeeds, the targeted creature may attack as normal and may not be affected for 24 hours. She may use this ability three times per day. This is a mind-affecting, language-dependent ability.
Hammerspace (Su): At 2nd level, an anime girl can pull whatever weapons or belongings she needs, seemingly from thin air. In actuality, a thin layer of dimensional space rests within the recessed spaces (armpits, cleavage, butt crack, clothing folds, etc.) of the anime girl called Hammerspace, allowing her to hold her maximum load without any encumbrance or use of a carrying device. This works in a similar manner to the extra-dimensional storage spaces listed in the Dungeon Master's Guide (particularly concerning putting one extra-dimensional storage item inside of another), except uncovered piercing or slashing objects do not penetrate or destroy Hammerspace.
Distracted by the Skin (Su): At 3rd level, an anime girl can channel her natural good looks into a barrier of protection. She gains a AC bonus equal to her Charisma when wearing armor related/allowed by her path.
Cosplay Bonus (Su): While using Cosplay, an anime girl gains a bonus based on her class level at 4th level and every four levels after (8th, 12th, etc.) The bonus is different for each type at each level. These bonuses do not cross over with each other; they stack with the last Cosplay Bonus.
Cosplay Bonus I:
- Warrior-Type Cosplay: Gain +2 bonus on Fortitude saves and a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls.
- Magic-Type Cosplay: Gain +2 bonus on Will saves and +1 caster level.
- Catgirl-Type Cosplay: Gain +2 bonus on Reflex saves and +10' movement.
Cosplay Bonus II:
- Warrior-Type Cosplay: Choose Shield Sling or Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. You do not need to meet the prerequisites.
- Magic-Type Cosplay: The anime girl may now choose between arcane and divine spells.
- Catgirl-Type Cosplay: Choose Mobility as a bonus feat or gain low-light vision (which is doubled if you already have it). You do not need to meet the prerequisites.
Cosplay Bonus III:
- Warrior-Type Cosplay: The anime girl may add her Charisma bonus (if any) to her melee or ranged attack and damage rolls.
- Magic-Type Cosplay: Choose one metamagic or item creation feat as a bonus feat. You do not need to meet the prerequisites.
- Catgirl-Type Cosplay: The anime girl gains sneak attack (as the rogue ability) with damage dice equal to 1/4 anime girl class level (rounded down) and +1 natural armor. [example: Busa, a 11th level anime girl following the catgirl-type cosplay, reaches level 12. Her sneak attack dice are, upon reaching 12th level, 3d6 (12÷4=3).]
Cosplay Bonus IV:
- Warrior-Type Cosplay: Gain Diehard or Shield Ward as a Bonus Feat. You do not need to meet the prerequisites.
- Magic-Type Cosplay: The anime girl may add her Charisma bonus to her direct damage spells (i.e., fireballs, magic missile, etc.)
- Catgirl-Type Cosplay: Gain improved evasion (as the rogue ability.)
Cosplay Bonus V:
- Warrior-Type Cosplay: Gain greater rage ability (as the barbarian ability.) This can be used a number of times per day equal to 1 + Charisma modifier.
- Magic-Type Cosplay: Gain spell-like ability limited wish 1/week. When a limited wish spell has an XP cost, you must pay that cost -300 XP.
- Catgirl-Type Cosplay: Gain hide in plain sight (as the ranger ability, except it works on any terrain.)
Charming (Su): At 5th level, an anime girl can cast charm person as a caster of her class level 2/day. At 9th level, she gains hold person 2/day/ At 13th level, she gains dominate person 2/day. At 17th level, she gains hold person, mass 2/day. These are all treated as spell-like abilities.
Tentacle Susceptibility: At 5th level, an anime girl is automatically shaken by and loses her armor bonus against creatures that have tentacles.
Megaton Punch (Ex): At 6th level, an anime girl can channel her hatred of a chosen target and punch them so hard, they go flying into the distance. This acts like the monstrous feat Awesome Blow, with distinct differences: the anime girl does not need to meet the prerequisites (Large size, Str 25, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush), the distance is equal to damage dealt (rounded down to the nearest 5' increment, minimum 5'), and this attack can only be done through an unarmed melee attack.
Epic Anime Girl
|21st||Cosplay Henshin Master|
|24th||Cosplay Bonus VI|
|28th||Cosplay Bonus VII|
4 + Int modifier skill points per level.
Cosplay Henshin Master (Su): An anime girl's skills at cosplay reach a pinnacle when she combines two cosplay costumes at once. She may choose another discipline in Cosplay Henshin, combining the aspect of the first discipline with a second (ex.: an anime girl starting out as a warrior-type that combines magic-type to make a warrior/mage-type.)
Cosplay Master Bonus (Su): The anime girl's skills at cosplay increase with experience.
Cosplay Bonus VI:
- Warrior/Mage-Type Cosplay: Gain damage reduction 5/-.
- Magic/Catgirl-Type Cosplay: Gain the ability to summon any feline-like animal and/or magical beast (found in the Monster Manual 3.5 (and MM II-V)) 2/day. The amount of creatures summoned is equal to 2 + anime girl's Charisma Modifier. She may choose either animals, magical beasts, or both, as long as the creature(s) follow the distinct requirements as follows: HD of 1/2 the anime girl's total HD; must be native to her home Plane.
- Catgirl/Warrior-Type Cosplay: Gain mighty rage (as the barbarian ability.)
Cosplay Bonus VII:
- Warrior/Mage-Type Cosplay: Gain damage reduction 10/-.
- Magic/Catgirl-Type Cosplay: An Anime Girl gains the spell like ability wish once per day, but must pay full exp costs.
- Catgirl/Warrior-Type Cosplay: You are as agile as a cat granting you Cat-like reflexes. This grants an anime girl a +2 to Dex-based skills.
Skill Selection: Pick a number of skills equal to 4 + Int modifier.
Bonus Feats: .
Playing an Anime Girl
Religion: Common gods worshipped by Anime Girls are Haruhi Suzumiya, Iwakura Lain, Madokami and Akuma Homura.
Other Classes: .
Combat: Depending on which cosplay path they choose, Anime Girls can be either active or passive in combat. Anime Girls who choose warrior-type cosplay tend to be more active, filling the role of a Fighter, while those who choose catgirl-type cosplay tend to be more opportunistic, as a Rogue would be. Depending on what spells an Anime Girl using magic-type cosplay picks, she can either act as an offensive magic caster, a healer or a buffer.
Anime Girls in the World
Daily Life: .
NPC Reactions: .
Anime Girl Lore
Characters with ranks in can research to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
Anime Girls in the Game
Sample Encounter: .
EL whatever: .