Ancient Remnant, Ice (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Ancient Remnant, Ice
Ice-aligned Ancient Remnants tend to be a chilly and paranoid race. They assume the worst more often than not, distrust everything and everyone, and even if they should be convinced of something, they can become cynical very quickly if their belief is shaken. Because of these particular traits, they have a hard time relating to others, and make few friends if any. Those who find the warm, tender heart of the frigid Remnants are a very lucky few.
Most Ancient Remnants are fairly physically diverse humanoids, but Ice-aligned Remnants are distinct in their unusual uniformity. Their skin can be any color, but is always ice cold and appears matte under strong sunlight. Their facial features are more delicate than humans and more rugged than elves. However, across all the Ice-aligned Ancient Remnant, they share the but one common trait: blue eyes. The blue varies in shade, and upon close inspection, the pattern of the iris resembles frost.
Because of their inherent distrust, Ice Remnants rarely make any sort of alliances. However, the tend to favour humans, elves, and sentient undead races.
Nearly exclusively Chaotic Neutral.
The Poles are an Ice-aligned Ancient Remnant's first choice. Appropriately cold, barren, and lonely. However, the more sociable Remnants may take up residence in the far northern or deep southern towns, where ice and snow are permanent fixtures.
Ancient Remnants as a whole tend to dislike religion, instead choosing to understand life and it's innumerable facets through a personal philosophy.
Common, Arcane, and Frost-speak.
- +2 Constitution, -4 Charisma, and +2 Wisdom
- Ancient Remnant, Ice base land speed is 30ft
- Frozen Road(Sp): Creates a layer of ice over the ground in a 20x20 ft. area in front of the Ice Remnant, reducing movement speed by 1/2 and forcing all creatures standing on it to make a reflex save DC 10 or be rendered flat footed until off of the ice. The ice dissipates after 1d4 turns.
- Frozen Spire(Sp): The Ice Remnant summons a massive ice spike from the ground below their opponent, impaling them. 1d8 x Class Level
- Automatic Languages: Common, Frost-speak. Bonus Languages: Arcane.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
- immunity to ice
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|37 years||70 years||115 years||120 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+1d4 in.||137 lb.||+1d20 lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d4 in.||126 lb.||+1d20 lb.|