Albina Maga (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
“She's an Albina Maga. Just as eerily beautiful as them all. Don't let her fragile appearance fool you though; she can probably wipe out an entire army.”
Albin Magi (singular Albina Maga), vulgarly known as White Witches, are an immortal all-female species, whose members possess natural affinity to magic and incredible supernatural powers.
“They generally keep to themselves, but they're definitely willing to cause trouble if they're cornered. They rarely attack first, but when they fight, it's terrifying to behold. They're kindhearted, but also mischievous. Mortals can't always understand their humor; there are things only immortals can get, I guess. They can be irrational, childish even. Especially when you piss them off. And as inherently benign as they are, they seldom let their conscience bother their actions, if they're really set on doing that.”
Inherently kindhearted, Albin Magi are generally benign. However, they are also mischievous, and very prone to irrational and childish behavior; even adult ones freely practice mischief and pranking. When provoked, they are very prone to disproportionate responses.
“They don't look scary. Well, they can. They can look like anything they want. But even if you see their true form, you likely won't pay them more than a few seconds of attention. They look normal enough. Human-like. Not very different than a young, light-skinned woman, except for their hair and eyes - those are white. You may stop for a second and think this is a little weird, but that's about it. Just a young and beautiful woman with unusual hair and eyes. No wings, no supernatural glow, not even an uneasy vibe. Absolutely nothing that can imply how powerful and dangerous they truly are. Few of them are careless enough to show up like that out in the public though - if there's something they know, it's how to hide. Unless you can see their aura, like I can, you'll never know you've met one - unless she wants you to know.”
Albin Magi resemble pale and slender female humans, although their hair and irises are always white. However, via their shapeshifting ability, they can look as they please, so this is nearly impossible to predict how an Albina Maga would look, though they usually assume humanoid forms.
“They really do excel at hiding among mortals. It's not wholly an act though; they do think a lot like mortals. Most won't jeopardize their disguise unless they must, though they may leave some clues hinting that they aren't what they appear to be; they think it's hilarious when mortals rack their brains over trying to figure it out with whatever clues they provide them with. When in disguise, most chances they'll pretend to have whatever disposition you'd expect from their disguise. Generally speaking, Albin Magi only give a damn about you if you or your actions are thoroughly evil. Even then though, they're just as likely to display their distaste and be difficult as they are to flay you alive. You can never tell with them."
Generally, they use their shapechange ability to blend in, posing as humans or other humanoid species, and, in such cases, behave as is expected from their disguise. If they needn't hide their true nature, Albin Magi can get along (or at least coexist) with most non-evil being. However, Albin Magi aren't very tolerant of evil, and may act aggressively in response (though they are just as likely to simply display their distaste and refuse to interact with the evil creature, without actually doing anything to them).
“If you see an Albina Maga and a hag fighting, run the other way as if your life depends on it. Cause it absolutely does. You're more likely to survive Hell than a battle between such a duo."
Albin Magi and Hags have an age-long animosity; though both are all-female races with natural affinity to magic, they are polar opposites in practically all other regards; Albin Magi distaste the ugliness and innate malevolence hags embody, while hags despise the beauty and innate beneficence Albin Magi embody. Some believe that the animosity began when the Albin Magi, reluctant to kill babies and children, developed a ritual that can transform young hags (who, prior to transitioning into true hags upon their thirteenth birthday, appear perfectly human and are basically powerless) into Albin Magi; they view this as exponentially better than allowing the girl to transition, which will not only transform her into a monstrosity but also corrupt her mind and turn her pure evil regardless of her previous nurturing.
“Albin Magi are inherently kindhearted and beneficent. However, they are also mischievous and irrational, which makes them somewhat unpredictable.”
Always Chaotic Good or Neutral Good. Albin Magi are naturally kindhearted but also mischievous and irrational, thus are beneficial as well as somewhat unpredictable.
“You can find them anywhere. And I mean anywhere. Underwater, inside volcanos, anywhere. They can take on far harsher conditions than any mortal. They don't even need to breathe if they don't want to. Distance is almost meaningless for them; they can teleport anywhere they want with a single thought. I once overheard a couple of them considering a trip to the moon.”
Any. Albin Magi can go (literally) anywhere they want, and distance is almost meaningless for them. In addition, they can survive in extremely harsh environments; extraordinarily reclusive Albin Magi purposely search such in order to avoid meeting mortal beings.
“No one knows where the Albin Magi actually came from or how. It happened so long ago, long before humanity and elvenkind, some say even before the giants and dragons. If the gods know something about this, they don't share; although, from what I've gathered, I believe they are just as clueless as anyone else is. Quite expectedly, Albin Magi aren't too keen on worship, though they do pay respect to the gods.”
An ancient race whose origin is unknown, and whose members rival demigods and minor deities in might, Albin Magi don't actually worship deities; rather, they pay respect to them (although, a few Albin Magi serve deities of good and magic as champions).
“They speak everything. Well, at least, they can learn every language with minimal effort. Basically, their brain is hardwired to decipher linguistic patterns; thus, they can understand and quickly learn any language via sufficient exposure to it. They only need to hear several phereses in a language, or read a few sentences written in it, and they already start to learn it, and can become fluent in less than an hour. And if that wasn't already neat enough, since encryption is based on patterns, they can also decipher codes this way.”
Common, Arcane, Supernal. Also, their Intuitive Multilingualism ability enables them to quickly learn virtually any language, even codes and encryption.
Any. However, as they are all females, the names match.
“Oh, they're very powerful. Strong enough to single handedly rip your head off. You stab them in the heart with a sword, and they'll just pull it out and walk away. To kill one of them you must separate her from her head. But as powerful as they are physically, that's all but inconsiderable compared to their magic. They can magic a hell of a lot. Inducing full-scale earthquakes, transforming people into vermin, you name it.”
- +30 to Strength, +18 to Dexterity, +22 to Constitution, +12 to Intelligence, +16 to Wisdom, +12 to Charisma, +2 to Comeliness. Albin Magi are physically and mentally superior to ordinary humans, and are abnormally charming and attractive.
- Medium Humanoid (Maga): Albin Magi are an independent supernatural species. The offspring of an Albina Maga and a mortal are always Albin Magi themselves.
- Albina Maga base land speed is 150 feet per round. Also, they have swimming/climbing speed 150 feet per round, and flight speed (perfect maneuverability) 300 feet per round.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Albin Magi possess a very potent healing factor that enables them to quickly regenerate nearly all injuries and even regrow entire sections of their body. They can only be killed through beheading, which ceases their healing factor. They have regeneration 10/beheading, and restore 1 point of ability damage per round and 1 point of drained ability per minute. Also, they can never receive any natural defect to their senses, and can heal magically induced ones.
- Revival: Albina Maga souls can return to the body after death, if the head is manually reattached. However, destruction of the body after death (disintegration etc.) prevents this from occurring.
- Supernatural Durability: Albin Magi, while not immune to pain, are mostly unaffected by conventional harm, even if said harm has physically damaged them. Only extremely powerful magic, or weapons enchanted by such magic, can bypass their durability. They are also highly resilient to magic and possess powerful minds that can easily resist mental effects and manipulations. They have damage reduction 20/magic, epic (+6), a +10 bonus to their natural armor, immunity to all elements, mental effects, all nonmagical poisons/diseases and Spell Resistance 30 + their HD.
- Heightened Senses: Albin Magi possess extremely acute and accurate senses. They have Blindsight out to 150 feet, Blindsense out to 1500 feet, Advanced Scent within 600 feet, Perfect Darkvision, micro vision and telescopic vision up to distance of 4 miles.
- Magic Senses: Albin Magi can perceive magical suras, see through lower magical cloaking and camouflage (like weaker Invisibility spells), and can focus their senses to perceive the Ethereal Plane.
- Immortality: Albin Magi mature at a similar rate to normal humans, however don't age beyond their physical prime (while they can make themselves appear older using their Uber Shapechange ability, they never feel the negative effects of old age). Albin Magi can only be killed by beheading. They require no sustenance or oxygen (albeit, they can digest food and breathe normally) and only very little sleep, and a serious physical effort is required in order to tire them.
- Clinging: Albin Magi can cling to and climb on surfaces at any angle, even in ways that defy normal gravity, without making a Climb check. They can negate any fall simply by clinging to a surface.
- Uber Shapechange: Albin Magi can assume at will virtually any shape they may desire; they can mimic the form of others and alter the formation of their body to an almost unlimited degree; this can vary from merely changing their hair/skin color to changing their gender and assuming completely unnatural forms, and even creating new clothes and accessories out of their own body. They gain a +20 bonus on all Disguise checks when using this ability to create, improve or aid a personal disguise.
- Magical Essence: Albin Magi can cast any spell as either/any combination of/both quicken, rapid, silent and still spell, without using up a higher spell slot than the spell’s actual level. Moreover, if they magically create something it won't disappear over time and is considered absolutely real. Similarly, magical transformations they perform are permanent unless reversed. They also have a +20 bonus to general Caster level, and can cast spells of all spell schools (albeit casting/preparing a spell of a forbidden school heightens the spell slot level by +1). In addition, regardless of their spellcasting class, they can always cast 0-4th level spells at will and 5-9th level spells ten times the usual amount per day.
- Telepathy: Albin Magi can mentally communicate with and discern the immediate thoughts of any creature, sentient or not, within a 300 feet radius (albeit, non-sentient creatures are limited in what concepts they can comprehend/deliver). Albin Magi can also discern a creature's memories with their telepathy. However, this deeper mental intrusion requires a standard action for short term memories, and a full round action for long term memories. Also, the target creature can sense this deeper intrusion by succeeding on Will save at DC 10 + the Albina Maga's Wisdom modifier.
- Intuitive Multilingualism: Albin Magi automatically decipher linguistic patterns; thereby, they can understand and quickly learn any language via sufficient exposure to it.
- Enhanced Memory: Albin Magi possess a very sharp memory recall, providing them with a +4 bonus on all Intelligence-based checks (a +6 bonus on Knowledge checks) and 6 additional skill points per level.
- Supernatural Attacks: An Albina Maga's unarmed attacks are always treated as epic (+6) magical weapons for the purpose of overcoming DR.
- Magic Crafting: Albin Magi never spend any XP when creating magic items using an Item Creation feat and can take any Item Creation feat without meeting its prerequisites.
- Spell-Like Abilities: At will - Detect, Greater Invisibility, Protection, Spell Conjuring, Telekinesis, Unbounded Teleportation. 2/encounter - Shadow Evocation, Superior Concealment. 2/day - Greater Shadow Evocation, Limited Wish. Basic caster level 20.
- Albin Magi automatically gain the following feats even if they don't meet their prerequisites: Alertness, Body Casting Fuel, Combat Casting, Composite Casting, Diehard, Dodge. Endurance, Eschew Materials, Ignore Material Components, Improved Unarmed Strike, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Psychic Spellcraft, Self-Item, Track and Two-Weapon Fighting.
- Albin Magi receive a +10 bonus on Athletics, Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks. They have base saving throw bonuses of Fortitude +8, Reflex +6, and Will +8.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Arcane, Supernal. Bonus Languages: All, including secret languages such as Druidic (see Intuitive Multilingualism).
- Favored Class: All spellcasting classes.
- Level Adjustment: +20
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10"||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
Albin Magi Lore
Characters with ranks in Knowledge (Arcana) can research the Albin Magi to learn more about them. However, Albin Magi are relatively anonymous, as they hide very well; only one of ten libraries contains information about them (a result of 10 on d10). When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
|10||Albin Magi (singular Albina Maga) are an immortal all-female species. Albin Magi can assume practically any shape they desire, but their true form is human-like.|
|15||Albin Magi possess natural affinity to magic along with incredible supernatural powers. A single Albina Maga can wipe out an entire army.|
|20||Albin Magi are vulgarly known as While Witches, due to their pale skin and while hair and eyes. There is an age-long animosity between Albin Magi and Hags.|
|25||Albin Magi are naturally kindhearted and beneficent, however also mischievous and irrational to the point of childish. Killing an Albina Maga is rather risky, as her Albin Magi relatives can decide to avenge her death if they get a wind of it. Escaping an Albina Maga on the hunt is next to impossible, as they can teleport almost anywhere they want with an afterthought, distance is almost meaningless to them.|