Aegyl (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
They are a people without emotion and thus have no true conflict among themselves, but there are a few who tend to go against the will of their people. This emotionless state is due to Auraliths, magical stones that created a barrier around their home. But over time, as Auraliths were being destroyed, the Aegyl regained their emotions, with some feeling mostly rage towards the sky pirates who terrorized them and Ivalice for its sins against them.
The Aegyl are a race of humanoids that resemble Humans in all aspects except they have developed a pair of feathered wings. The wings can come in different colours, from brown to red to black. These wings count as both a blessing giving them the ability to fly and a curse resulting in a shortened lifespan of about 40 years.
Before the destruction of the Auraliths not many of the Aegyl had any connection to the outside world, and many knew nothing of the world outside Lemurés, their home. Even after the destruction of the Auraliths most Aegyl still kept to themselves and avoided as much contact with the other races of Ivalice.
The Aegyl tend towards lawful neutral. Due to their lack of emotions they feel no need for a chaotic environment or any strong ties to good or evil.
Lemurés, described as a legendary purvama (Floating Continent) raised into the skies by the god Feolthanos long ago due to the Cloudstones, this land is ruled by magical stones known as the Auraliths, which erected a barrier to shield the Purvama from the rest of the world.
The Aegyl are not a very spiritual people. They worship a single god known as Feolthanos. Unknown to the Aegyl until after the Auraliths were destroyed Feolthanos established a personality cult over Lemurés, labeling himself to his people as a god. Though Lemurés still had a sense of peace and paradise, in spite of Yarhi, summoned creatures, attacks, it was a false paradise due to the Aurcite, fragments of the Auraliths, draining the Aegyl of their anima, their life force, as part of Feolthanos' plan to destroy Ivalice as revenge against the Occurians.
The Aegyl speak a language that has been part of their culture and history since the dawn of their creation, it is known as Aegylish. They have also learned common from the few sky pirates that visit their home.
The Aegyl share many names in common with Humes.
- −2 Constitution, −2 Charisma: The aegyl are short lived and due to the lack of emotions the Aegyl tend to seem very standoffish and cold towards others.
- Humanoid (Aegyl)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, aegyl have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Aegyl base land speed is 30 feet. Aegyl also have a fly speed of 30 feet (good).
- 1 extra feat at 1st level.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Automatic Language: Common and Aegylish. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass aegyl takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||--||--||40 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|