Adapter (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Often selfish, they can be good and heroic, yet it is less common. Their personalities are not completely governed by their race though, and they can have various types of personality.
An Adapter is a creature that creates portals and has mysterious abilities. They all get sent out into different universes upon maturity and Take on the form of the creatures there, yet they have a "broken" eye, which is black with a coloured pupil. They rarely show their true form, and do not trust others to see it. They usually pick one race to base themselves off, but can naturally "adapt" to their surroundings to try and fit in. They prey on the creatures who live in the land.
As they do not come from this universe, they do not have any relations from anyone from this universe or from their own. They are sensitive about their eyes. Do NOT insult their eyes or call them half-breeds.
Adapters can be good or evil, but they cannot be lawful, unless they are faking it.
They're fine with most races, but do tend to get nostalgic about their home world.
Adapters see no reason to worship deities, and do not.
Vary. Change depending on what race is being impersonated.
Their names are given to them at birth, and they keep these no matter what, as this is the only remnant of their original land, and they take blood feuds to those who insult their names.
- +4 Intelligence, +4 Charisma, -4 Constitution, -2 Dexterity.": Bright and Charismatic, they aren't good at dodging, and do not know what food is healthy, and what food is unhealthy, so aren't very healthy.
- Humanoid (Shapechanger): adapters look vaguely human in terms of body shape even without shapechanging.
- Medium size
- Adapter base land speed varies: Their speed changes depending on what race they are impersonating.
- Hypno-Reflection: Adapters are immune to all forms of hypnotism.
- Dark Eye: With their corrupted eye, they can see in non-magical darkness as bright as day, and can see anything invisible.
- Consumption: Upon feeding, an Adapter gets a +1 on all throws. This increases by +1 every 3 levels.
- Automatic Languages: Varies. Bonus Languages: Varies.
- Favored Class: Monk, Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|270 years||580 years||1190 years||+75000 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|