3e SRD:Ring of Elemental Command
From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Ring of Elemental Command
All four types of elemental command rings are very powerful. Each appears to be nothing more than a lesser magic ring until fully activated (see below), but each has certain other powers as well as the following common properties:
Elementals of the plane to which the ring is attuned cant attack the wearer, or even approach within 5 feet of him or her. If the wearer desires, he or she may forego this protection and instead attempt to charm the elemental (as charm monster, Will save DC 17). If the charm attempt fails, however, absolute protection is lost and no further attempt at charming can be made.
Creatures from the plane to which the ring is attuned who attack the wearer suffer a -1 penalty to their attack rolls. The ring wearer makes applicable saving throws from the extraplanar creatures attacks with a +2 resistance bonus. The wearer gains a +4 morale bonus to all attacks against such creatures. Any weapon the wearer uses bypasses the damage reduction of such creatures, regardless of any qualities the weapon may or may not have.
The wearer of the ring is able to converse with creatures from the plane to which the ring is attuned. These creatures recognize that he or she wears the ring. They show a healthy respect for the wearer if alignments are similar. If alignments are opposed, creatures fear the wearer if he or she is strong. If the wearer is weak, they hate and desire to slay him or her. Fear, hatred, and respect are determined by the DM.
The possessor of a ring of elemental command suffers a saving throw penalty as follows:
Element Saving Throw Penalty ------- -------------------- Air -2 against earth-based effects Earth -2 against air- or electricity-based effects Fire -2 against water- or cold-based effects Water -2 against fire-based effects
In addition to the powers described above, each specific ring gives its wearer the following abilities according to its type:
Ring of Elemental Command (Air)
- Feather fall (unlimited use, wearer only)
- Resist elements (electricity) (unlimited use, wearer only)
- Gust of wind (twice per day)
- Wind wall (unlimited use)
- Air walk (once per day, wearer only)
- Chain lightning (once per week)
The ring appears to be a ring of feather fall until a certain condition is met, such as having the ring blessed, single-handedly slaying an air elemental, or whatever the DM determines necessary to activate its full potential. It must be reactivated each time a new wearer acquires it.
Ring of Elemental Command (Earth)
- Meld into stone (unlimited use, wearer only)
- Soften earth or stone (unlimited use)
- Stone shape (twice per day)
- Stoneskin (once per week, wearer only)
- Passwall (twice per week)
- Wall of stone (once per day)
The ring appears to be a ring of meld into stone until the DM established condition is met.
Ring of Elemental Command (Fire)
- Resist elements (fire) (as a major ring of elemental resistance [fire])
- Burning hands (unlimited use)
- Flaming sphere (twice per day)
- Pyrotechnics (twice per day)
- Wall of fire (once per day)
- Flame strike (twice per week)
The ring appears to be a major ring of elemental resistance (fire) until the DM established condition is met.
Ring of Elemental Command (Water)
- Water walk (unlimited use)
- Create water (unlimited use)
- Water breathing (unlimited use)
- Wall of ice (once per day)
- Ice storm (twice per week)
- Control water (twice per week)
The ring appears to be a ring of water walking until the DM established condition is met.
Caster Level: 15; Prerequisites: Forge Ring, summon monster VI, all appropriate spells; Market Price: 200,000 gp
This page is protected from editing because it is an integral part of D&D Wiki. Please discuss possible problems on the talk page.