3e SRD:Free Actions
From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
A character can perform one or more free actions while taking another action normally. However, the DM puts reasonable limits on what a character can really do for free.
- Cast a Quickened Spell [Free][AoO: No]
- Cease Concentration on Spell [Free][AoO: No]
- Change form (shapechange)[Free][AoO: No]
- Drop an item [Free][AoO: No]
- Drop to the floor [Free][AoO: No]
- Make Spellcraft check on counterspell attempt [Free][AoO: No]
- Prepare spell components to cast a spell[Free][AoO: No]
- Speak [Free][AoO: No]
- Use an extraordinary ability [Free][No]
Drop an Item
The item falls to the floor in the same space as the character.
The character is considered to be prone.
The DM may place limits on what may be reasonably communicated in a six-second combat round.
Using an extraordinary ability is usually not an action because most extraordinary abilities automatically happen in a reactive fashion. Those extraordinary abilities that are actions are usually standard actions that cannot be disrupted, do not require concentration, and do not provoke attacks of opportunity.
This page is protected from editing because it is an integral part of D&D Wiki. Please discuss possible problems on the talk page.