3.5e Common Ki Techniques
From D&D Wiki
Add your own common ki technique to D&D Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Common Ki Techniques
- Base techniques
- Ki defense: as an immediate action a ki user may gain a +1 to its AC or to saving throws by spending 1 ki point, even before it knows the result of an attack or of a failed save.
For every 3 additional points it may increase the bonus by 1. This bonus lasts one round and may not surpass a +5.
- Levity: as an immediate action a ki user may reduce its fall by 10 feet (3 meters), spending 1 ki point.
For every additional point spent it reduces the fall by another 10 feet (3 meters).
By spending 4 points it may stand or move on the surface of water or similar frail objects.
These effects last 1 round but the ki user may spend points every round to continue them.
- Agility: as a free action a ki user may gain a +2 bonus to Balance, Climb, Jump, Swim and Tumble checks, all together, for one round.
For every additional point it spends it may increase the bonus by 2, up to a maximum of +10.
- Rapidity: as free action a ki user may increase all its movement speed by +10 feet (3 meters) for one round, spending 1 ki point.
It may increase this bonus by +10 feet (3 meters) for any extra ki point it spends, up to a maximum bonus equal to its land speed (even if enhanced by magic or its class feature Fast movement).
- Advanced techniques
- Potency: with a swift action a ki user may gain a +2 bonus to any of its abilities for one minute, by spending 4 ki points.
Every 4 additional ki points spent grant the ki user another +2 to that or another ability, up to a maximum of +6 per ability.
- Freedom: by spending 5 ki points a ki user may replicate, as a swift action, the freedom of movement spell, for one round.
- Assault: as a swift action and spending 4 points, a ki user may make a full attack at the end of a charge. It may not use a flurry of blows.
- Levitation as a free action a ki user may walk on air as per the spell air walk, except it may move at full speed, even upward.
It must spend 3 points and the effect lasts one round but every round a ki user may spend another 3 points to walk again on air.
- Master techniques
- Might: as a free action a ki user may spend 1 ki point to inflict 1 extra damage with a single attack.
It may spend 1 or more additional ki points to increase the damage of the same number.
- Divine sight: as a standard action a ki user may replicate the spell true seeing for one minute per ki user level. It costs 10 ki points.
- Dimensional step: as a move action a ki user may replicate the spell dimensional door by spending 10 ki points. Caster level is ki user level.
By spending 15 ki points the ki user may replicate the teleport spell as a full-round action. Caster level is ki user level.
- Spirit: with a standard action and spending 15 ki points a ki user may become ethereal for 1 round per ki user level.