Zephyrs (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Image of a female Zephyr|
Zephyrs are composed, favorable beings of the air and wind. They are an Elemental Race, and have the ability of flight. Tales are told that they are responsible for the west wind, the gentlest of the winds.
Zephyrs are a calm and peaceful race that tend to lead lives of tranquility. They can have an curious side to discover the world and help assist those stricken by evil. This in turn, manifests itself into their adventuring careers. Even though Zephyrs are peaceful, they can be just as powerful as any other race when being attacked.
Zephyrs have humanoid features with extreme beauty, but with an otherworldly look about them. When it comes to height, Zephyrs are very diversified usually standing between 5'0 feet and 6'5 feet. They are also even lighter then they appear (about 45-180 lb), being partially made up of air. They have pale skin, blonde or gray hair, and gray or blue eyes.
The majority of Zephyrs are usually Neutral Good, as they believe that life and the assurance of other creatures' rights resides over all else.
Zephyrs dwell in high areas such as mountains, or can be found in the Elemental Plane of Air.
Like all elementals, most zephyrs worship their True Elemental forefathers
Zephyrs speak Zephyrian, Auran, Common. Other Languages: All other Elemental languages, and their class' bonus language.
Zephyrs typically follow a greek style of naming: Notus, Boreas, Eurus, Auster, Aquilo, Favonius, Corus, Apeilotus, Mesus.
- +5 Dexterity, +4 Wisdom, +4 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, -4 Constitution. Zephyrs are wise and fast in both mind and body and have great beauty, but their lighter frames makes them both weaker and very fragile.
- Humanoid (Air).
- Zephyrs like Wizards and Sorcerers cannot wear armor since they're partially made up of air.
- Zephyr base land speed is 40 ft. They have a base fly speed of 60 ft (Great). Zephyr's flight counts as a free action.
- Control (su): Zephyrs has control over small to medium objects (up to 200 lb) with their control of wind.
- Light Body (su): a Zephyr takes no damage from falling.
- Scent: Zephyrs have a distinct sense of smell that can detect anything within 50 ft that has a smell.
- Wind Affinity: Zephyrs cast any spells involving Air or Weather at a +1 caster level once they reach one of the spells' level requirements.
- +3 racial bonus on jump, hide, move silently, spot, listen, concentrate, and balance checks.
- Automatic Languages: Zephyrian, Auran, Common. Bonus Languages: Aergaelan, Jacinthian, Utish, Sirenese, Gnomish.
- Favored Class: Wizard, Sorcerer, and Cleric.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|100 years||150 years||250 years||about 350 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5’ 0”||+2d6||55 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5’ 0”||+2d6||45 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|