From D&D Wiki
|Talk:Brahmin_(DnD_Class)#Class Balance||Green Dragon (talk | contribs)||13:13, 22 April 2007 (MDT)|
|Talk:Brahmin_(DnD_Class)#Class Balance||Green Dragon (talk | contribs)||18:15, 17 April 2007 (MDT)|
|Talk:Merchant (DnD Class)#Balance||Green Dragon (talk | contribs)||13:40, 5 April 2007 (MDT)|
|Talk:Cavalier (DnD Class)#Balance Issues||Green Dragon (talk | contribs)||21:15, 10 April 2007 (MDT)|
 Welcome to D&D Wiki
Hello Ronjun, and welcome to D&D Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like D&D Wiki and decide to stay. I am the owner of the site, and if you have a question feel free to ask me, however when contacting anyone on D&D Wiki through talk pages please sign your name using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Also, if you want to help D&D Wiki but just don't know how drop me a note and I'll see what I can do. However, when dropping me a note please tell me how much time you would like to spend working, how well you know the Wiki Format, and how well you know D&D. I hope you enjoy editing here and being a D&D Wikian! If you need help ask me on my talk page, or just right here. Again, welcome! --Green Dragon 13:28, 5 April 2007 (MDT)
- Well, thanks for the warm welcome! As a matter of fact, I think this wiki is a great Idea. Regarding contributions, I have a semi-tight schedule, that makes me hardly a regular. My D&D knowledge is average, I guess, I have DMed a few adventures and god knows I love to create PCs like there's no tomorrow. Still I have had sometimes those weird/obscure rules questions and simply winged it on the spot. Also, I have read very few of the supplemental D&D material, like some stuff from Dragon Lance, Forgotten realms, and Complete Arcana and stuff. I would rate my D&D knowledge a 6.5 out of 10. My knowledge of the Wiki format is downright pathetic, this is my very first attempt at wikifying anything, and I guess you can infer that from seeing the zillion edits I made on the Merchant page (most where format edits... I couldn't format the damn thing).
- All that said, I would love to be any help, If the task is something I could actually do.
- See you around! -- (Ronjun 01:49, 9 April 2007 (MDT))
- I have to agree — wiki syntax is hard to learn but once one knows it is is fast, easy, and quickly understandable. If you want to learn how to work a wiki better there are a couple things I would recommend. Below are a couple things that I think would teach you the wiki format quickly — starting from #1 being easy to the last being much harder.
- Fix 5 or so double redirects — Go to Special:Doubleredirects. Next click on the small red edit by one of them. Then fix the redirect by making it link to the last choice on the same line. What this is does is make a redirect not have to redirect the user twice and overall speeding up the loading time for users.
- Rate 5 or so Classes — Since you are adding a class to D&D Wiki I am sure this means you also understand them. So, go to DnD Base Classes and click on a class that has "NR (Not Rated)" in its balance column. Read through the class and make sure to understand it. Next, on the very top of the page, click the "here" in "Please, help D&D Wiki by rating the balance of this item here." Make sure to follow the Balance System when determining what balance to give the class and make sure to follow the DnD Balance Formatting Template when formatting your rating.
- Look through the "Transformational Variant Rules" — Recently DnD Rules has been switched from one kind of rule — variant, to two kinds — Transformational Variant Rules and Supplemental Variant Rules however this switch is not done. So, it would be a great help if you could help it along. So, go to DnD Rules. Next click on any Transformational Variant Rule. Look it over and come to understand it. When you have understood it decide if it is a Supplemental Variant Rule or a Transformational Variant Rule. If it is a Supplemental Variant Rule edit the page and add [[Category:Supplemental Variant Rule]] on the very bottom. If it is a Transformational Variant Rule edit the page and on the very bottom add [[Category:Transformational Variant Rule]]. After these categories have been added DnD Rules will automatically change the collumn of the rule — if it changed at all. Doing this would help D&D Wiki a great deal.
- Look at the To-Do list — Take a glance over at the To-Do List and see if anything their interests you.
- I hope this helps you to understand wiki formatting better. Also what I gave above are only a few options of what needs to get done on D&D Wiki. If you want more please tell me and I will be more than happy to add more things to the above list. Thanks, and I hope you like D&D Wiki. --Green Dragon 12:12, 9 April 2007 (MDT)
- Good, I'll try and see what comes out of it. I have one more question. If you read the Animal Leader discussion page, Crystallis mentions a CCS analysis. Do you know where could I get more info about this rating system? I think It would help me with the rating part. (Ronjun 17:37, 9 April 2007 (MDT))