|In a matter of hours D&D Wiki be down for an extended period of time to perform necessary hardware upgrades.|
These hardware upgrades should address user's concerns including Talk:Main Page#Web Page Not Found Error and the database access times when saving and moving pages. Please stand by.
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Welcome to D&D Wiki
- 2 Rating the PrC's
- 3 Lord Cirth Deity was Edited
- 4 Amount of Edits
- 5 User-Page edited
- 6 Rating the Ghost Monk
- 7 D20M
- 8 MoI's
- 9 Adminship
- 10 Barnstar
- 11 I'm trokking and i messed up my stats
- 12 Gosh, I hope I am leaving you a message correctly.
- 13 Invitation for alpha testing
- 14 A little busy...
- 15 Barnstar
- 16 Sparse Contributions
- 17 Need some thoughts
- 18 Alive, but starving...
- 19 Resigning as Admin
Welcome to D&D Wiki
Hello EldritchNumen, and welcome to D&D Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like D&D Wiki and decide to stay. I am the owner of the site, and if you have a question feel free to ask me, however when contacting anyone on D&D Wiki through talk pages please sign your name using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Also, if you want to help D&D Wiki but just don't know how drop me a note and I'll see what I can do. However, when dropping me a note please tell me how much time you would like to spend working and how well you know the Wiki Format. I hope you enjoy editing here and being a D&D Wikian! If you need help ask me on my talk page, or just right here. Again, welcome! --Green Dragon 23:06, 3 December 2006 (MST)
- No problem with the welcome. Also, I see that you are putting your Anazar campaign setting on D&D Wiki, and I must say it looks good so far. Thanks already for putting it on D&D Wiki. --Green Dragon 21:43, 24 August 2006 (MDT)
Rating the PrC's
D&D Wiki has quite a bit of Prestige Classes, with only two having been rated on D&D Wiki's rating scale. So, on a small mission to try to get ratings of PrC's done, I would like you to help. All you would have to do is go to DnD Classes then to any PrC page. Click on the PrC you would like to rate; then rate its balance by clicking on the "here" in the Please, help D&D Wiki by rating the balance of this item here. I hope you can take the time to help D&D Wiki become a useful tool for every visitor that comes here; and thanks in advance. --Green Dragon 22:29, 29 November 2006 (MST)
- No problem. I'll do some now and then whenever I get the chance! -EldritchNumen 16:19, 30 November 2006 (MST)
- By the way, the first one looks very well done, and thanks again. --Green Dragon 18:51, 30 November 2006 (MST)
Lord Cirth Deity was Edited
Someone, IP 18.104.22.168, edited your Lord Cirth (3.5e Deity) by adding some content. I used the "Check User" function of Admins, and this IP did not register to you. So, are these edits okay? --Green Dragon 22:25, 7 December 2006 (MST)
- Thanks for pointing this out! I appreciate it. I just reverted to my version; the alignment change was unacceptable, one of the sentences was grammatically incorrect, and the extra text was not useful. Thank you *very much* for pointing this out! --EldritchNumen 00:16, 8 December 2006 (MST)
- No problem. I will always do this if an IP edits something you have created and it is not your IP. Also, I will not miss anything as I go through every edit on D&D Wiki. I hope you did not lose trust in D&D Wiki. --Green Dragon 15:33, 8 December 2006 (MST)
- Of course not! I understand how these things go; a power of a communal site is double-edged. I have no problems, so long as I have the opportunity to repair (which, fortunately, is easy). I love the site... --EldritchNumen 16:12, 8 December 2006 (MST)
- Glad to hear it! --Green Dragon 17:29, 8 December 2006 (MST)
Amount of Edits
When you posted about how to check how many edits one has done, I thought that it would be nice if their was an extension that just told one how many edits they have. So, just today, I got Blue Dragon to program an extension that does just this. Now, if you want to see how many edits you have made just go to Special Pages then User Edit Count to see how many edits you have made. By the way, while you are their, type in Blue Dragon to see how many edits he has done.... It's funny. Anyway, does this help you/is this what you wanted? --Green Dragon 22:38, 25 December 2006 (MST)
- You still around? --Green Dragon 18:56, 31 December 2006 (MST)
- Yeah, sorry. I was unexpectedly (and unfortunately) left without internet for about 9 days or so! :( Anyway, I'm back now, though I won't be on much for the next week (but I'll be active again after then). The edits page looks great! --EldritchNumen 14:28, 3 January 2007 (MST)
Someone (possibly you (IP 22.214.171.124)) edited your user page. I am just letting you know, as I have not reverted their edits. --Green Dragon 00:07, 4 January 2007 (MST)
- It was me. Thanks for the heads up; I didn't notice that I wasn't logged in. As always, I appreciate the alert! --EldritchNumen 00:11, 4 January 2007 (MST)
- No problem, my pleasure. --Green Dragon 23:52, 10 January 2007 (MST)
Rating the Ghost Monk
Are you still willing to help D20M as their is still a lot of work that needs to be done? --Green Dragon 19:05, 7 February 2007 (MST)
- Yep! I don't run scripts (my knowledge of computer programming is not extensive), and so it's hard for me to do work maintaining pages like the mSRD, but I'm certainly willing to help out in any way I can. Right now I'm stuck in terms of updating the splash pages (in each category) since I don't know DPL or whatever. But I'm a fast learner, so I suppose I could learn to do that pretty easily, too. What specifically were you looking for help doing? --EldritchNumen 20:11, 8 February 2007 (MST)
- It's a multi-step process (of course :)). So, right now all the pages that have an X on D20M main page need to be modernized to be like the D&D equivalent. After that the "Add a ___ to D&D Wiki" pages need to be made with |preload= like the D&D section, and modeled off those pages. After that everything in D20M needs to be formatted with tables so they look as good if not better than the best of the D&D equivalent. I think that is all that needs to be done and if you would be willing to help I would be very grateful. Also, DPL's are easy to use (maybe not the variant dlpc's and dlpcus's.). DPL's use categories to show a list of items dynamically made (DPL stands for "Dynamic Page List" or something like that). So, categories determine what links to the page. All you have to do is copy an existing dlp and change the categories for D20M. I hope this helps and I hope you can help with D20M. Thanks in advance. --Green Dragon 12:27, 11 February 2007 (MST)
Just a formatting thing (some little things annoy me...). When you add a MoI instead of singing the last area with 4"~" sign it with 5"~" as that just produces the date and not your name as well. This works the other way as well seeing that 3"~" makes only the user-name.
|Tilda's (you don't need to put the -- in front; I just like to)|
|--~~~~||--Green Dragon 12:54, 11 February 2007 (MST)|
|--~~~~~||--12:54, 11 February 2007 (MST)|
Thanks. --Green Dragon 12:54, 11 February 2007 (MST)
Well, Congratulations. Your an Admin with a 100% approval rating from the RfA. Congratulations, I really hope that you like all the new cool things you can do, especially in the SRD and MSRD. --Green Dragon 18:12, 4 March 2007 (MST)
- Congratulations. I am formally handing the MSRD over to you. It's your baby. Take care of it well. --Dmilewski 06:19, 5 March 2007 (MST)
- Thanks! I'll take care of her, no worries. My first task shall be to break apart the long pages (skills, etc.) into individual pages and to make some sense of the categories (which is going to involve a bit of shuffling, renaming, etc.). It's going to be a long but good ride! —EldritchNumen 14:05, 5 March 2007 (MST)
- A few words of advice. Persistence and patience are your friend. There's alot of work here. When you get burned out, take a break. Either work on something else, blow off the wiki for a few weeks and play a new game, or itch some other scratch. Mechanize what you can. Find ways to make repetitive tasks simpler. Oh, and be damned proud of your work. --Dmilewski 20:37, 5 March 2007 (MST)
|I give you this Barnstar for changing DnD Quests from a page that one must add their own link to their quest to a page that uses a DPL. Also, you have made it easier to add a quest with the Add your own Quest. Thanks so much. --Green Dragon 22:05, 6 March 2007 (MST)|
I'm trokking and i messed up my stats
- Originally posted on User talk:Green Dragon#I'm trokking and i messed up my stats.
Eldritch, i created the the wee'diox and accidentally added a 1 in front of my +6 for intelligence, I apologize for that. But, this is also my first time and im not that good, though i am always willing to accept helpful criticism in any way. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Trokking (talk • contribs) 17:46, 7 March 2007 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- No problem, I make typoes all the time. I'd just seen that you didn't have a user account and did the standard "ask if this is vandalism or not" thing. For future reference, my user talk page is here. This page belongs to Green Dragon. In any case, I apologize and I've written a couple of quick suggestions on the Talk:Wee'diox page. —EldritchNumen 17:50, 7 March 2007 (MST)
- thx for the suggestions... hey Eldritch, i took your advice and made the changes-tell me if i missed anything. By the way, should i make a page for my races diety? If so then how?
- P.S. You said something about the four tildes signing. could you tell if it work
- --Trokking 18:07, 7 March 2007 (MST)
Gosh, I hope I am leaving you a message correctly.
Is there a way I can get the saved to my pc? besides going to each page and saving it? Sorry if I posted this wrong. (editing and posting wiki's confuse me). --- Bk115595
- What exactly do you want to save to your pc? Or am I reading this message really wrong? --Green Dragon 21:36, 7 March 2007 (MST)
- Opps! This is what happens you try to type someing while your tired; a bunch of incoherent words. What I ment to say was "Is there a way I can save the whole wiki to my PC? Besides going to each page and saving?" Of course I would only be useing if for personal use. I am such a D&D noob. Thanks --Bk115595 21:10, 8 March 2007 (MST)
- Honestly, I don't know, but I suspect not. The person to ask would be Blue Dragon, who administers all the technical aspects of the site. There might be some program that allows you to, but-- like I said-- probably not. What are you looking for? If you are mainly interested in having a copy of the SRD (that is, the core rules), one can be obtained very easily from the Wizards of the Coast website as a group of several text documents. There are also hypertext versions for download here. Does this help? —EldritchNumen 23:36, 8 March 2007 (MST)
- Yes! Thank you! --Bk115595 09:52, 9 March 2007 (MST)
- To start I am a very direct person, and please forgive me if this sounds rude. So, there is a way to get a copy of the entire site - it's called a back up. However, I do not trust you enough to give you a back up. I would not want a duplicate D&D Wiki coming around on the internet, and I am sorry for not trusting you. My reasoning from this comes from the fact that I once gave a copy of D&D Wiki away and it got posted on another site. I was not pleased. So, I do not want this to happen again and to make sure it will not I simply have decided I will not give away back ups of D&D Wiki to people that ask. Sorry. --Green Dragon 10:00, 9 March 2007 (MST)
- I can see how a copy going around the web can be bad for this site, and understand your reasoning. At leasts I got a copy of the SRD to help me out. Thanks for helping me out.--Bk115595 20:56, 10 March 2007 (MST)
- Again, sorry. I feel like I am begin very rude, and I am sure I am. However I really don't want a duplicate D&D Wiki coming into existance. Sorry. --Green Dragon 11:58, 11 March 2007 (MDT)
Invitation for alpha testing
Hey there. If you have time on your hands, I'd like to ask you to take a look at User:Armond/Deadly Assassin (DnD Prestige Class) for balance. There are a few things I'm concerned about, which I've listed at the very top of the page's coding in comment brackets. I feel it's only fair to warn you, however, that I've introduced a couple new game mechanics in that class, so it will likely take you a while to read and understand it all - but if you have the time and are willing, I'd really appreciate your input. If not, no worries, but if you know someone else who might be willing to help me find the bugs, I'd appreciate it if you'd let them know. Again, if you can't you can't, and I appreciate the thought all the same. Thanks! Armond 00:43, 13 March 2007 (MDT)
- I'm very busy this week, but I'll take a look at it as soon as I can spare some time. I'll try to get to in within a week... sorry for not being able to help faster. :( —EldritchNumen 13:31, 13 March 2007 (MDT)
- Worry not, this is just a preliminary test to see that I didn't screw things over too badly (I really don't want my first posted PrC to get a 1 right off the bat) before I throw it on the main namespace. Again, thanks for the thought, it means a lot. Armond 16:56, 13 March 2007 (MDT)
A little busy...
I just quickly wanted to apologize to everyone for my absence this last week. I'll also be gone a lot next week, too. I will get around to answering messages, just not as quickly as usual... —EldritchNumen 23:01, 31 March 2007 (MDT)
|I give this Barnstar to EldritchNumen because he took the initiative and finally split up DnD Rules into Supplemental Variant Rules, Transformational Variant Rules, and Radical Variant Rules. This has made all of D&D Wiki's variant rules more user-friendly so even the most stringent DM can accept some of them --Green Dragon 09:51, 10 April 2007|
Ack. I just wanted to let everyone know that this last week I've been out of town a lot and am approaching the end of the term at school, so my contributions to the site have been a little low. Sorry! In any case, I'm not dead, but am going to be pretty busy the next few weeks, so things are going to be slow in my land... –EldritchNumen 14:40, 25 April 2007 (MDT)
- I was almost getting worried ;). Anyway, thanks for letting us know you still intend to stay around even though you may not be able to help out that much :). --Green Dragon 15:10, 25 April 2007 (MDT)
Need some thoughts
Alive, but starving...
Hey. I just wanted to let you all know that I am, in fact, still alive. But I have no internet access at my house, so I've been relegated to posting from the local library. So... I'm probably going to be pretty quiet until august, when I get back to school. Sorry! Please don't mourn my loss too much! :) –EldritchNumen 11:42, 25 June 2007 (MDT)
- That is very good to know, I was getting worried. I thought that the Admin syndrome (the one that makes all admins leave after getting elected) was happening to you as well... It's good to know what is really happening :). --Green Dragon 15:13, 31 July 2007 (MDT)
Resigning as Admin
Well, as people have certainly noticed, I have been rather quiet around here lately. A seven month stint in Greece certainly had a bit to do with that, and I unfortunately don't see things improving much in the immediate future with the beginning of a demanding course load in grad school this year. So, I'll continue to check in around here occasionally (and add maps to the map section, comment on random conversations, and the like), but I don't foresee myself doing much of anything admin-related for quite some time. So, I'm adding my official admin resignation to the ad hoc one I've been engaged in for the past several months. –EldritchNumen 23:14, 3 September 2008 (MDT)
- Hello EldritchNumen. I am sorry to hear about this, but D&D Wiki is grateful for the contributions that you have given to it. I hope that your grad studies go well, and that you had a good time in Greece. And of course, you are still welcome to contribute to D&D Wiki! Thanks again for having helped so much. I am sure that Green Dragon would say the same, but he recently relocated and is having some troubles getting a solid Internet connection. — Blue Dragon (talk) 13:29, 4 September 2008 (MDT)
- Yes, thank you for all your contributions in the past, and good luck with your studies. What are you studying by the way? --Aarnott 20:00, 4 September 2008 (MDT)
- Philosophy, as a matter of fact. :) Employment is going to be... a little rough. –EldritchNumen 22:50, 7 September 2008 (MDT)
- Sorry about taking so long to respond! Anyway, thanks for all the help you have given to D&D Wiki, and I hope you continue to help out when you can. If you are ever interested in becoming an admin again, feel free to start another RfA, and thanks again! --Green Dragon 07:36, 3 October 2008 (MDT)