Usagimimi (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Usagimimi are a subrace of yokai called kemonomimi and bear specific features of a rabbit.
Usagimimi are a timid race that will bolt at the slightest hint of danger. Surely not the bravest race, they will doing anything to avoid a fight.
A usagimimi was an average of five feet tall and resembled an oreisan human with the exception of having the ears and often the tail of a rabbit that could hide around the presence of humans. The color of an ssagimimi's eyes and hair may vary although the fur on their ears and tail were often either white or black despite their hair color. Also, an usagimimi may also appear in the form of a rabbit, which is an inborn cantrip praticed even by non-spellcasters.
Usagimimi are a sub-race whose timid nature has made them very few allies. As yokai they, are distrusted by humans.
The timid usagimimi tends to lean in the direction of law. To an usagimimi, law brings them protection from danger. Oriesa: Neutral Wood.
Usagimimi are somewhat a paranoid race is unable to live in one place at once without fretting about it being attacked. The largest known usagimimi societies are nomadic clans.
Usagimimi often pay tribute to Daiminori-kami the great harvest deity.
Usagimimi speak Oriental Common and Usagi.
Names are a human invention, but due to the yokai trait, an usagimimi will adopt a common human name in order to protect them from named by any human that would wish ill of them.
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution, −2 Charisma: Usagimimis are agile, but fragile and timid.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Yokai): As a subrace of kemonomimi, they bear certain animal abilities.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, usagimimi have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Usagimimi base land speed is 30 feet.
- Rabbit Shape (Ex): A certain number of times a day, an usagimimi can change into a rabbit and back into her original form. While in a rabbit form, she loses all proficiencies with any weapon other than her natural weapons. An usagimimi can change into a rabbit 1/level during any single day. Changing back into her original form doesn't count against the number of times she can transform into a rabbit.
- Low-Light Vision: An usagimimi can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, and other conditions of shadowy illumination.
- Panic (Ex): At the begining of a battle, whenever an usagimimi is attacked or senses danger, she must make a Will save of 15+ her level or more or else panic and start fleeing. While panicking, she cannot perform any action except to flee. When an usagimimi gets 10 or more feet from the origin of the cause of her panic she can make a will save of 20- every 5 ft past the first 10 to calm down or else continue panicking and fleeing.
- Flight of Fear (Ex): While fleeing, an Usagimimi can move a twice her natural speed at the cost of performing a basic action during that turn. Fleeing still provokes attacks of opportunity.
- Yokai Traits (Su): as a yokai, if an usagimimi is given a name by a human, she must obey every command that human gives her even if she doesn't want to obey the command. However, if an usagimimi already bears a name, she is not subject to this trait.
- Usagimimi have a +2 racial bonus on all Disguise checks made to hide their rabbit features.
- Usagimimi have a +2 racial bonus to Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot.
- Automatic Languages: Oriental Common, Usagi. Bonus Languages: .
- Favored Class: Druid; Oreisa: Shinsou. A multiclass Usagimimi's Druid/Shinsou Class doesn't count when determining wether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||300 years||350 years||+1d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+2d8||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 3"||+2d8||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|