Kemonomimi (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Kemonomimi most oftenly act similarly to the animal that they represent. Nekomimi are often curious, easily loosing their attenting or train of thought when catching sight of something that dangles or shines. Inumimi are loyal and brave, never backing down from defending their friends no matter how fierce an enemy may seem. Kitsunemimi are mischievious, always thinking of ways to pull pranks on humans. Ushimimi are blunt, living their lives naiive contempt. Usagimimi are cautious, always afraid that someone is out looking to hurt them. They share great affinity for their animal companions and tend to seek comfort in the wilderness rather than live among humans.
 Physical Description
In their normal form, kemonomimi would easily resemble a normal with the exception that their ears are the ears of a specific animal and they have a tail (according to the aforemention animal) naturally extending from their coccryx. They may also bearing other physical features of their patron animal such as a cat's eyes, a fox's long face, a rabbit's long feet, a dog's muscular legs, a bull's horns, etc., etc. kemonomimi tend to as tall and heavy as an average human.
Like most yokai, kemonomimi are on bad terms with humans, mostly due to the fact that they feel that the humans unrighteously took away their land and hunted their less intelligent, animal kin though they feel the same for most carnivorious yokai such as Oni.
Kemonomimi tend to live on whim rather than live by the strict and honor driven traditions and laws of the humans. However most kemonomimi believe that the terms good and evil were invented by humans to help them label and discriminate against the people they don't like, and tend to be neutral by default.
Kemonomimi favors the natural beauty of wilderness, but with the advancement of civilization, they have adopted nomadic natures, wandering for a place to call their own. They ever traveling ways, along with their lack of laws other than law of nature, kemonomimi usually don't organize themselves in anything larger than a small bands or tribes.
Kemonomimi, are as highly diversified as the animals they represent. Indeed, next to humans, they are the most diverse race. Which god they favor depends on their inherent nature. Though, as a race they seem to prefer neutral gods.
Kemonomimi learn Oreisan common, for no better reason than to communicate easily between races, but most tend to favor Kamitoboka or their individual animal langauges.
Kemonomimi have individual given names to which they address each other by, but usually make up clan names which usually involve their animal name it for the rare occassions when they feel like dealing with humans (no surprise that is more like a kitsunemimi than any other Kemonomimi subrace).
 Racial Traits
- -2 Wisdom: Kemonomimi tend to lack the sense of right and wrong that humans do. A kemonomimi gains a +2 racial bonus to a certain ability based upon their subrace: Dexterity (Nekomimi, Usagimim), Constitution (Inumimi, Ushimimi), Charisma (Kitsunemimi)
- Monstrous Humanoid (Yokai)
- Medium: As medium creatures, kemonomimi don't get recieve any bonuses or penalties from their size.
- Kemonomimi base land speed is 30 ft.
- +4 racial bonus for all Balance checks (Nekomimi)
- +4 racial bonus to Survival when tracking by scent (Inumimi)
- +4 racial bonus to Listen checks (Usagimimi)
- +4 racial bonus to Disguise checks (Kitsunemimi)
- +4 racial bonus to Intimidate checks (Ushimimi)
- +2 racial bonus to all Disguise and Bluff checks made to pretend to be human.
- +2 racial bonus to all Diplomacy and Handle Animal checks made towards animals. They gain additional +4 bonus to performing the aforementioned checks to a corresponding animal.
- +2 racial bonus to listen and spot checks.
- Low-light Vision: A kemonomimi can see twice as far as a human in moonlight, starlight, torchlight and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to define color and detail under these conditions.
- Automatic Languages: Oreisan, Kamikotoba, Kemonomimi. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Rogue (Nekomimi), Fighter (Inumimi), Ranger (Usagimimi), Geijutsuka (Kitsunemimi), Barbarian (Ushimimi).
- Level Adjustment: +0
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|400 years||500 years||700 years||+10d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|