Humans, Oreisan (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Even in oreisa, do humans exist; ever present, ever evovling. Though they don't play too well with other races (or amongst themselves), they are a few that try go out of the way to be friendly.
Though humans often run the gauntlet, their personalities are often based upon their caste and culture. The peasant caste is often humble and respectful, never considering themselves above anybody in contrast the haughty and well bred noble caste whose lives in luxury have often lead them to believe they themselves are gods. However, not everyone born into these castes are destined to be such, since no two people are the same. Some of the peasant caste dream of riches and fame, often becoming thieves or soldiers to accomplish these dreams while certain nobles are raised to respect others, especially their vassals.
Oreisan humans, in general are more often petite, than tall or heavy, with goldish-yellow skin with their eyes and hair being brown or black. Those among the peasant caste tend to be more hearty than the frail nobles, forced to work for a living in the fields and smitheries among other professions. On the other hand, the nobles' educated and easy life have made them beautiful without or without the help of expensive make-up and perfumes.
Humans are rather superstitious and tend to distrust the yokai and those who would associate with them. They themselves are a people at war with their own, so distrust comes easily to them with how hard times are.
Humans come from all walks of life and can either be good or evil, lawful or chaotic, though the more honorable of humans tend to lean towards law and tradition than chaos and whim.
The lives of all humans, noble or peasant, is dictated by honor.
Humans occupy most civializations within Oreisa. From lush forests to barren wastelands to high mountains, humans find a way to exist and survive using what they have at hand and trading for what they lack. Humans tend to encroach upon yokai habitats, destroying or defacing the land in order to suit themselves and possibly causing the conflicts of today.
Humans believe in no one patron deity, but hold their faith in multiple, possibly eight thousand spirits that are worshipped much a kin to a single patron deity. These spirits inhabitat any and every aspect of nature from the weather to the terrain. Even the spirits of deceased war heros and ancestors are treated with great respect and honor.
Humans speak Oreisan Common, the native tongue of the land, whose alphabet is used for all other Oreisan langauges and dialects, especially Kamikotoba. Their literature is written from right to left.
All humans have a given name, but only those who are born into the noble caste or earn their right to join it have surnames. When adressing one by name, it is only polite to address one by their surname if they have one first and then their given name. Addressing somebody that one is not particularly close with by their given name only is considered an insult.
- −2 Con, +2 Int, −2 Wis, +2 Cha (Noble Caste): Those born of the nobles caste are educated and attractive, but frail and foolish.
- +2 Con, −2 Int, +2 Wis, −2 Cha (Peasant Caste): Those born of the peasant caste are hearty and wise, but lack sophisication and charm.
- Humanoid (Human)
- Medium: As medium creatures, humans gain no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Human base land speed is 30 feet.
- +2 Racial Bonus to all Diplomacy, Knowledge (History, Nobility and Royalty) checks (noble caste only).
- +2 Racial Bonus to all Craft, Gather Information, Knowledge (Geography, Local) checks (peasants caste only).
- +1 Additional Feat at the first level: Humans can master anything that they put their mind to.
- +4 Additional Skill Points at the first level and +1 additional Skill Points at every other level: Humans are able to learn things quickly.
- Automatic Languages: Oreisan Common, Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: (Peasant) Any, (Noble) Buke.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|